GALLERY: Full steam ahead for glorious 39th Haddenham show
VISITORS will be in for a treat when the gates open to the 39th Haddenham Steam Rally open on Saturday.
Rally chairman, Kelvin Young said: “Among the delights on display will be both full size and miniature steam traction engines, bygone collections, more than 200 vintage cars, commercial vehicles and motorcycles.”
The popular heavy horse show will celebrate its 25th anniversary on Sunday, with competitors coming from all over the country to compete. Heavy horses can be seen at work on the site on both days.
Other working demonstrations for visitors to enjoy include steam threshing, baling, stone crushing, wood sawing and our popular vintage road making display.’
For visitors who like to watch the action in the grand ring, we are pleased to welcome the Raptor Foundation with their flying display who will be performing daily.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a funfair with modern rides plus traditional Chairoplanes owned by the Starmer family, Michael Rule’s Steam Gallopers and Ken Fox’s magnificent Wall Of Death.
Also performing on the day will be the Fenland Marine Model Group, the Cambridge City branch of the British Sub-Aqua Club, and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
There will be the usual variety of refreshment and food stalls, as well as a licensed bar. A wide selection of trade stands will also be available for visitors to browse alongside the popular craft marquee.
The rally is located on the A1421, just to the north of Haddenham and will be well signposted from the surrounding main roads.
Entry is �8 for adults, �6 for OAPs and �3 for children with a special family ticket for �20 (two adults, three children).
On site camping is available at �45, although pre-booking is advisable. Free car parking.
For further information, visit www.haddenhamsteamrally.co.uk or contact rally secretary, Ruth Young on 07741 019848.