GALLERY: Full steam ahead for glorious 39th Haddenham show
VISITORS will be in for a treat when the gates open to the 39th Haddenham Steam Rally open on Saturday.
Rally chairman, Kelvin Young said: “Among the delights on display will be both full size and miniature steam traction engines, bygone collections, more than 200 vintage cars, commercial vehicles and motorcycles.”
The popular heavy horse show will celebrate its 25th anniversary on Sunday, with competitors coming from all over the country to compete. Heavy horses can be seen at work on the site on both days.
Other working demonstrations for visitors to enjoy include steam threshing, baling, stone crushing, wood sawing and our popular vintage road making display.’
For visitors who like to watch the action in the grand ring, we are pleased to welcome the Raptor Foundation with their flying display who will be performing daily.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a funfair with modern rides plus traditional Chairoplanes owned by the Starmer family, Michael Rule’s Steam Gallopers and Ken Fox’s magnificent Wall Of Death.
Also performing on the day will be the Fenland Marine Model Group, the Cambridge City branch of the British Sub-Aqua Club, and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 10 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
There will be the usual variety of refreshment and food stalls, as well as a licensed bar. A wide selection of trade stands will also be available for visitors to browse alongside the popular craft marquee.
The rally is located on the A1421, just to the north of Haddenham and will be well signposted from the surrounding main roads.
Entry is �8 for adults, �6 for OAPs and �3 for children with a special family ticket for �20 (two adults, three children).
On site camping is available at �45, although pre-booking is advisable. Free car parking.
For further information, visit www.haddenhamsteamrally.co.uk or contact rally secretary, Ruth Young on 07741 019848.