GALLERY: Iconic aircraft on display at IWM Duxford’s Flying Legends Air Show
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 50 aircraft will appear at the Flying Legends Air Show at IWM Duxford next weekend.
The event, which takes place on July 13-14, will be a celebration of historic planes.
The Bremont Horsemen Flight Team will present the worldwide debut of their new display in a trio of Supermarine Spitfires.
Aircraft will take part in choreographed dogfights reminiscent of the Battle of Britain above the airfield.
The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Lancaster will join a Spitfire and Hurricane for a commemorative wartime display.
You may also want to watch:
New York group The Manhattan Dolls and The Wilmslow Concert Band will perform 1930s and 1940s swing band classics.
A Home Front bus has been set up to replicate a 1940s living room, wartime shop, bombed-out street and an air raid shelter.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
There will be a host of family activities taking place between 10am-2pm, as well as a display of seven historic engines on the airfield jet pan, including two Merlins, two Leonides, a Griffon, a Napier Lion and a Hercules.
Advance booking has now closed but you can buy a ticket on the gate on each day of the air show.