GALLERY: Iconic aircraft on display at IWM Duxford’s Flying Legends Air Show
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 50 aircraft will appear at the Flying Legends Air Show at IWM Duxford next weekend.
The event, which takes place on July 13-14, will be a celebration of historic planes.
The Bremont Horsemen Flight Team will present the worldwide debut of their new display in a trio of Supermarine Spitfires.
Aircraft will take part in choreographed dogfights reminiscent of the Battle of Britain above the airfield.
The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Lancaster will join a Spitfire and Hurricane for a commemorative wartime display.
New York group The Manhattan Dolls and The Wilmslow Concert Band will perform 1930s and 1940s swing band classics.
A Home Front bus has been set up to replicate a 1940s living room, wartime shop, bombed-out street and an air raid shelter.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
There will be a host of family activities taking place between 10am-2pm, as well as a display of seven historic engines on the airfield jet pan, including two Merlins, two Leonides, a Griffon, a Napier Lion and a Hercules.
Advance booking has now closed but you can buy a ticket on the gate on each day of the air show.