GALLERY: Iconic aircraft on display at IWM Duxford’s Flying Legends Air Show
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 50 aircraft will appear at the Flying Legends Air Show at IWM Duxford next weekend.
The event, which takes place on July 13-14, will be a celebration of historic planes.
The Bremont Horsemen Flight Team will present the worldwide debut of their new display in a trio of Supermarine Spitfires.
Aircraft will take part in choreographed dogfights reminiscent of the Battle of Britain above the airfield.
The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Lancaster will join a Spitfire and Hurricane for a commemorative wartime display.
You may also want to watch:
New York group The Manhattan Dolls and The Wilmslow Concert Band will perform 1930s and 1940s swing band classics.
A Home Front bus has been set up to replicate a 1940s living room, wartime shop, bombed-out street and an air raid shelter.
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 5 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 6 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 7 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 8 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 9 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
There will be a host of family activities taking place between 10am-2pm, as well as a display of seven historic engines on the airfield jet pan, including two Merlins, two Leonides, a Griffon, a Napier Lion and a Hercules.
Advance booking has now closed but you can buy a ticket on the gate on each day of the air show.