GALLERY: Iconic aircraft on display at IWM Duxford’s Flying Legends Air Show
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 50 aircraft will appear at the Flying Legends Air Show at IWM Duxford next weekend.
The event, which takes place on July 13-14, will be a celebration of historic planes.
The Bremont Horsemen Flight Team will present the worldwide debut of their new display in a trio of Supermarine Spitfires.
Aircraft will take part in choreographed dogfights reminiscent of the Battle of Britain above the airfield.
The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Lancaster will join a Spitfire and Hurricane for a commemorative wartime display.
You may also want to watch:
New York group The Manhattan Dolls and The Wilmslow Concert Band will perform 1930s and 1940s swing band classics.
A Home Front bus has been set up to replicate a 1940s living room, wartime shop, bombed-out street and an air raid shelter.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
There will be a host of family activities taking place between 10am-2pm, as well as a display of seven historic engines on the airfield jet pan, including two Merlins, two Leonides, a Griffon, a Napier Lion and a Hercules.
Advance booking has now closed but you can buy a ticket on the gate on each day of the air show.