GALLERY: March singer songwriter Misty Jones signs record deal
- Credit: Archant
A budding singer songwriter has moved a step closer to the big time after signing a record deal with a Fenland studio.
March singer Misty Jones has joined Cherry Blossom Records, an independent label which supports local songwriters.
The 16-year-old Neale-Wade Academy student, who has drawn comparisons with Ed Sheeran and Gabrielle Aplin, said: “I’m a singer songwriter with a passion for music ever since I can remember.
“I’ve been playing guitar now for about eight years and song writing for about two. Music is all I ever want to do.
“I’ve performed in various venues like the Junction in Cambridge and have a lot of upcoming festival gigs coming up to.”
You may also want to watch:
The youngster has her own page on Reverbnation, a website aimed at promoting musicians and labels, where fans can watch and listen to her songs and download her work.
Cherry Blossom Records is run by Jed Wild, who owns Cherry Tree Recording Studio near Christchruch. Last year it released an album called Unsigned in the East, showcasing unsigned Fenland talent.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 5 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 8 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
To find out more about Cherry Blossom records visit www.cherrytreerecordingstudio.com