GALLERY: March singer songwriter Misty Jones signs record deal
- Credit: Archant
A budding singer songwriter has moved a step closer to the big time after signing a record deal with a Fenland studio.
March singer Misty Jones has joined Cherry Blossom Records, an independent label which supports local songwriters.
The 16-year-old Neale-Wade Academy student, who has drawn comparisons with Ed Sheeran and Gabrielle Aplin, said: “I’m a singer songwriter with a passion for music ever since I can remember.
“I’ve been playing guitar now for about eight years and song writing for about two. Music is all I ever want to do.
“I’ve performed in various venues like the Junction in Cambridge and have a lot of upcoming festival gigs coming up to.”
You may also want to watch:
The youngster has her own page on Reverbnation, a website aimed at promoting musicians and labels, where fans can watch and listen to her songs and download her work.
Cherry Blossom Records is run by Jed Wild, who owns Cherry Tree Recording Studio near Christchruch. Last year it released an album called Unsigned in the East, showcasing unsigned Fenland talent.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 4 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 5 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Caring Daisy, 7, to donate hair to help children's charity
- 9 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
To find out more about Cherry Blossom records visit www.cherrytreerecordingstudio.com