GALLERY: March singer songwriter Misty Jones signs record deal
- Credit: Archant
A budding singer songwriter has moved a step closer to the big time after signing a record deal with a Fenland studio.
March singer Misty Jones has joined Cherry Blossom Records, an independent label which supports local songwriters.
The 16-year-old Neale-Wade Academy student, who has drawn comparisons with Ed Sheeran and Gabrielle Aplin, said: “I’m a singer songwriter with a passion for music ever since I can remember.
“I’ve been playing guitar now for about eight years and song writing for about two. Music is all I ever want to do.
“I’ve performed in various venues like the Junction in Cambridge and have a lot of upcoming festival gigs coming up to.”
The youngster has her own page on Reverbnation, a website aimed at promoting musicians and labels, where fans can watch and listen to her songs and download her work.
Cherry Blossom Records is run by Jed Wild, who owns Cherry Tree Recording Studio near Christchruch. Last year it released an album called Unsigned in the East, showcasing unsigned Fenland talent.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 6 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 7 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
To find out more about Cherry Blossom records visit www.cherrytreerecordingstudio.com