GALLERY: Vera Frances School of Dance launches Panto season with show at Neale-Wade
PANTO season starts early in Fenland when the Vera Frances School of Dance holds its first show for four years.
A Winter’s Tale: The Wicked Snowman will be the first show at the Neale-Wade Community College, in March, since the first phase of the school’s transformation was completed under the Building Schools for the Future initiative.
The show runs from October 27-29 and will see children as young as four perform alongside adults - but preparations started before Christmas last year.
Vera Frances, of Elm, who formed her dance school in 1947, said: “It is our first show for four years. We usually hold a show every two years but it was cancelled in 2009 because of the economic climate and because pupils were taking dance exams.”
The story has been written for the school. It follows four children who find an old snowman and enter it into a competition as their creation. However, an evil spirit inside the snowman rears its head and causes havoc.
Greek gods, a Genie and the Seven Dwarfs also make an appearance in the show.
Performances start at 7pm each night. Tickets for raised seating costs �10 per adult (�9 concessions/children under 16). Flat seating tickets are �9 per adult (�8 concessions/children under 16). All proceeds will go to the RSPCA’s Block Fen Animal Shelter, near Wimblington.
- 1 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 4 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 5 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 6 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 7 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 8 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 9 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 10 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
To book tickets call 01945 860289 or speak to a member of the school. For more information about the show, search for A Winter’s Tale: The Wicked Snowman on Facebook.
For more information about the school visit website www.theverafrancesschoolofdance.co.uk