GALLERY & VIDEO: Chinese State Circus brings its new show to The Cresset
- Credit: Archant
THE Chinese State Circus will perform its sensational new show ‘Yin Yang’ at The Cresset in Peterborough on Monday and Tuesday, February 11 and 12.
During this unique extravaganza, the audience can witness acrobats defying gravity in an array of elaborate, explosive and highly choreographed presentations of power, poise and agility.
‘Yin Yang’ will not only keep the audience on the edge of their seats but show the more delicate and beautiful side of Chinese tradition with plate spinning, parasol juggling, the eye catching Lion Dance and the amazing legendary ‘Bicycle Act’ in which 10 talented artists manoeuvre onto a single bicycle.
A remarkable treasure of physical theatre and the You Tube and internet sensation; ‘The Oriental Swan’ is a breath taking fusion of ballet, physical strength, balance and inspiring creativity. In a breath taking display of grace and poise a ballerina pirouettes on the shoulder of her partner then dances on pointe on his head and shoulders, truly making this performance an aerial ballet.
The show also includes foot juggling with drums, the famous Chinese poles, a sensational contortionist, and dynamic hoop divers with amazing somersaults, leaps and jumps.
You may also want to watch:
The show is suitable for an audience of all ages, with evocative sets, a soaring musical score and extravagant new costumes that will entertain the entire family long after the final curtain falls.
There are performances both days at 8pm, and also a 5pm show on February 12. Tickets cost £22, contact 01733 265705.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s