GALLERY: Vivacious colours and energy behind the annual art exhibition now on at St Mary’s Whittlesey
NE CAMBS MP Steve Barclay was among early visitors to St Mary’s Church, Whittlesey, today to mark the opening of the friends group’s annual art exhibition.
Work by more than 70 artists will be on display with almost 400 exhibits covering watercolour, oil paintings, photography, sculpture, jewellery and wood ware.
Most of the work is also for sale, with 10 per cent of each sale going to the Friends of St Mary’s and continuing work to preserve, repair and care for the church.
Shirley Wright, secretary of the Friends of St Mary’s, said: “We are often complimented by the artists as St Mary’s is a wonderful venue for this exhibition allowing a lot of natural light to show the items at their best.
“It is also a good place to meet and catch up with friends, as we have witnessed through our events.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition runs until Sunday and is open from 10am-5pm daily. Refreshments will be available.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 7 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road