GALLERY: Vivacious colours and energy behind the annual art exhibition now on at St Mary’s Whittlesey
NE CAMBS MP Steve Barclay was among early visitors to St Mary’s Church, Whittlesey, today to mark the opening of the friends group’s annual art exhibition.
Work by more than 70 artists will be on display with almost 400 exhibits covering watercolour, oil paintings, photography, sculpture, jewellery and wood ware.
Most of the work is also for sale, with 10 per cent of each sale going to the Friends of St Mary’s and continuing work to preserve, repair and care for the church.
Shirley Wright, secretary of the Friends of St Mary’s, said: “We are often complimented by the artists as St Mary’s is a wonderful venue for this exhibition allowing a lot of natural light to show the items at their best.
“It is also a good place to meet and catch up with friends, as we have witnessed through our events.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition runs until Sunday and is open from 10am-5pm daily. Refreshments will be available.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car