Get on board £5 million Prince of Wales project at free presentation in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
An audience with The Prince of Wales is coming to Peterborough on Saturday February 18.
Providing an update on the £5 million project to build Britain’s most powerful steam locomotive, the free event at The Great Northern Hotel is the second in a series of roadshows.
The A1 Steam Locomotive Trust will host the presentation to build new Gresley class P2 No. 2007 Prince of Wales along the route of the East Coast Main Line from London to Edinburgh to Aberdeen during 2017.
Mark Allatt, chairman, said: “We will cover the background to the project, our progress to-date, future plans and details of how to get involved. These presentations are open to anyone interested in the project and we are encouraging our existing supporters to bring along interested family and friends.
“Now is the time to get on board this groundbreaking project and help the Trust to raise the £5 million needed to ensure its completion in 2021.”
You may also want to watch:
The presentation will run from 11am until 1pm.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart