Get on board £5 million Prince of Wales project at free presentation in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
An audience with The Prince of Wales is coming to Peterborough on Saturday February 18.
Providing an update on the £5 million project to build Britain’s most powerful steam locomotive, the free event at The Great Northern Hotel is the second in a series of roadshows.
The A1 Steam Locomotive Trust will host the presentation to build new Gresley class P2 No. 2007 Prince of Wales along the route of the East Coast Main Line from London to Edinburgh to Aberdeen during 2017.
Mark Allatt, chairman, said: “We will cover the background to the project, our progress to-date, future plans and details of how to get involved. These presentations are open to anyone interested in the project and we are encouraging our existing supporters to bring along interested family and friends.
“Now is the time to get on board this groundbreaking project and help the Trust to raise the £5 million needed to ensure its completion in 2021.”
You may also want to watch:
The presentation will run from 11am until 1pm.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’