Get on board £5 million Prince of Wales project at free presentation in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
An audience with The Prince of Wales is coming to Peterborough on Saturday February 18.
Providing an update on the £5 million project to build Britain’s most powerful steam locomotive, the free event at The Great Northern Hotel is the second in a series of roadshows.
The A1 Steam Locomotive Trust will host the presentation to build new Gresley class P2 No. 2007 Prince of Wales along the route of the East Coast Main Line from London to Edinburgh to Aberdeen during 2017.
Mark Allatt, chairman, said: “We will cover the background to the project, our progress to-date, future plans and details of how to get involved. These presentations are open to anyone interested in the project and we are encouraging our existing supporters to bring along interested family and friends.
“Now is the time to get on board this groundbreaking project and help the Trust to raise the £5 million needed to ensure its completion in 2021.”
You may also want to watch:
The presentation will run from 11am until 1pm.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 10 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure