Get set for first ever sheep race
SHEEP will get on their marks for Peterborough’s first ever Lamb National.
The new event is being held as part of this year’s East of England Showground Autumn Show on Sunday, October 14 in a bid to give Royal Ascot a run for its money.
Red Ram, Sheargar and No Ewe Turns will be just some of the sheep racing around the specially-designed course at the Peterborough venue.
“The sheep really seem to love it,” professional sheep dog demonstrator Bob Hogg said, who invented sheep racing and takes it to family, farming and fundraising events across the country.
“They are particularly agile as they originate from the challenging terrain of the Lake District in Cumbria.
“The event is also very engaging for visitors too and we are really looking forward to delighting the crowds at Peterborough’s Autumn Show.”
This year’s Autumn Show also includes birds of prey, duck and sheepdog displays as well ‘how to’ tutorials on everything from making pies to flower arranging.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 6 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
It also includes the Wisbech Shire Horse Show, the East of England Giant Vegetable Competition and the return of the Supreme London Championships Small Livestock Show, which is billed as the rabbit world’s equivalent of Crufts.
There are also donkey rides, exhibitions of rare breed cattle, sheep, pigs and goats and dozens of trade stands and craft fair stalls, as well as a pigeon display.
For more information, visit the website www.peterborougharena.com