Get set for the St George’s Fayre in March town centre
ACTIVITIES and entertainment for all the family take over March town centre on Sunday for the 2011 St George’s Fayre.
Most of the fun takes place in “St George’s Square” (the Market Place) and “The Dragon’s Lair” (otherwise known as the library mound). Some old favourites return for another year, and there are some new faces as well.
There are also craft fairs in the town hall and St Peter’s Church Hall and a number of fairground rides and other attractions in the town centre.
The fayre is a Fenland Four Seasons Event organised by Fenland District Council.
Programme of Events
You may also want to watch:
St George’s Square
10am Fenland Arts Youth Theatre
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
11am DUDI Crew
11.30am Vintage Bike Display
12.10pm Dance & Twirl Majorettes
12.30pm Peterborough Highland Band
1pm Children’s Shield Parade sets off
1.10pm Sarah’s Street Dance
1.30pm Peterborough Highland Band and the Scouts parade from Robingoodfellow’s Lane to St Peter’s Church
1.50pm The Beltonas
2.20pm Tom and Aimee
2.45pm Pig Dyke Molly
3.30pm Scout Parade returns from St Peter’s Church to Market Place
3.45pm Pig Dyke Molly
The Dragon’s Lair
10.30am Uncle Mick
11am Fun and Games
Noon Story Telling
12.30pm Uncle Mick
12.50pm Arms and Armour Display
1pm Shield Competition - starting at the Market Place and parading over to the library
1.30pm Uncle Mick
2pm Art Competition Judging
2.10pm Arms and Armour Display
10am Children’s craft workshop at the library with Fred White
2pm St George’s Day service in St Peter’s Church
4pm 1st March Scout Group will be running a Duck Race starting at the town bridge. Ducks can be bought throughout the day from the Fenland Scouts tent outside the church