Get your animal microchipped at discount rate as part of National Pet Month
- Credit: Archant
MICROCHIP your pet this weekend with a special event to promote responsible ownership as part of National Pet Month.
Pets at Home is promoting microchipping as one of the most effective ways to protect your animal from being lost or stolen as it provides a permanent means of identification.
For the duration of the event on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 the store will offer microchipping by their trained staff at a special rate of £10 per pet instead of the usual rate of £15.
Store manager Dominic Baker said: “Tens of thousands of pets go missing every year - a dog owner’s worst fear. With microchipping technology, if your dog is lost or stolen, there is a better chance you will avoid the heartache and be re-united.”
The Government have announced that all dogs in England and Wales must be microchipped from 2016 .
Mr Baker said: “It is a simple, relatively painless and essential procedure for ensuring the welfare of your pet.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 7 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?