Get your animal microchipped at discount rate as part of National Pet Month
- Credit: Archant
MICROCHIP your pet this weekend with a special event to promote responsible ownership as part of National Pet Month.
Pets at Home is promoting microchipping as one of the most effective ways to protect your animal from being lost or stolen as it provides a permanent means of identification.
For the duration of the event on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 the store will offer microchipping by their trained staff at a special rate of £10 per pet instead of the usual rate of £15.
Store manager Dominic Baker said: “Tens of thousands of pets go missing every year - a dog owner’s worst fear. With microchipping technology, if your dog is lost or stolen, there is a better chance you will avoid the heartache and be re-united.”
The Government have announced that all dogs in England and Wales must be microchipped from 2016 .
You may also want to watch:
Mr Baker said: “It is a simple, relatively painless and essential procedure for ensuring the welfare of your pet.”
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 5 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 6 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 7 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 8 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 9 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 10 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’