Get your animal microchipped at discount rate as part of National Pet Month
- Credit: Archant
MICROCHIP your pet this weekend with a special event to promote responsible ownership as part of National Pet Month.
Pets at Home is promoting microchipping as one of the most effective ways to protect your animal from being lost or stolen as it provides a permanent means of identification.
For the duration of the event on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 the store will offer microchipping by their trained staff at a special rate of £10 per pet instead of the usual rate of £15.
Store manager Dominic Baker said: “Tens of thousands of pets go missing every year - a dog owner’s worst fear. With microchipping technology, if your dog is lost or stolen, there is a better chance you will avoid the heartache and be re-united.”
The Government have announced that all dogs in England and Wales must be microchipped from 2016 .
You may also want to watch:
Mr Baker said: “It is a simple, relatively painless and essential procedure for ensuring the welfare of your pet.”
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash