Go back in time with March 1940s event
MARCH will take another step back into the 1940s with a dance and supper later this month.
Luna Nightingale will sing people’s favourite wartime songs at the event at the GER Club, in Robingoodfellows Lane, on Saturday, October 20.
DJ Woody will also play some of the music of the 40s while people will also be able to tuck into authentic 40s catering including corn beef hash, shepherds pie and cauliflower cheese all served with crusty bread.
A raffle will be held in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance, whereas military and civilian re-enactors will be present along with old vehicles and vintage clothing stalls.
The event follows a charity ‘March into the 1940s’ dance held earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
1940s dress is, naturally, encouraged.
Tickets for the event cost �12. For more information contact Donna on 07876 264613 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 4 Council buys up 1,000 sandbags ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 7 ‘Boris should try to fill in the forms if he thinks they’re so simple’
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land