Gorefield Show set to be a real family day out
THE 12th June welcomes our annual show to The Playing Field, Wolf Lane, Gorefield. After 47 successful and exciting years, this year’s show promises to be bigger and better than ever.
The show kicks off at 8am with the much expanded pony show, now a qualifier for BSPS and PUK The ponies are closely followed by their larger relatives; the heavy horses.
Shires, Percherons and Suffolk Punch will be exhibited in the main ring from 9.30am onwards, always a fantastic spectacle.
At 1pm there will be a hilarious display from Monica Russell and her sheepdogs, however the dogs will not be rounding up sheep but DUCKS!!! This display will be repeated at 2.45pm.
Gorefield Pre-School will be giving us a fashion show of sorts, with their imaginatively decorated T-shirts at 1.30pm. Who knows, we might even find the next Alexander McQueen!!
You may also want to watch:
Following this we have the turnout of The Heavy Horses and The Grand Parade.
Finally in the main ring a magnificent display of vintage machinery and tractors, classic cars and bikes will take place.
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 5 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 6 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 7 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 8 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 9 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 10 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
Also this year we are bring back the hugely popular Bucking Bronco.
As if this was not enough, the showground also boasts an excellent range of side shows and country stalls. For the children, there is a bigger than ever giant slide, bouncy castle, swing boats and athletic competitions with cash prizes.
Delicious snacks will be available from our impressive refreshment tent and the cake stall is just too good to resist! Meanwhile, liquid refreshments will be available from our new and improved licensed bar provided by Jambaree.
Unfortunately there will be no dog show this year due to lack of space, however our furry friends are still invited to the show if kept on a lead at all times.
The Gorefield show is a great day out for all and is also great value for money for a full day’s entertainment. Adults �3. Children and OAP’s �2. Car On the show field �6 (not including occupants).
Disabled parking is provided for free on the field and there is a free car park for all opposite the showground.
The Gorefield show is a registered charity. All profits go towards facilities and the community of the village.