Gorefield Show set to be a real family day out
THE 12th June welcomes our annual show to The Playing Field, Wolf Lane, Gorefield. After 47 successful and exciting years, this year’s show promises to be bigger and better than ever.
The show kicks off at 8am with the much expanded pony show, now a qualifier for BSPS and PUK The ponies are closely followed by their larger relatives; the heavy horses.
Shires, Percherons and Suffolk Punch will be exhibited in the main ring from 9.30am onwards, always a fantastic spectacle.
At 1pm there will be a hilarious display from Monica Russell and her sheepdogs, however the dogs will not be rounding up sheep but DUCKS!!! This display will be repeated at 2.45pm.
Gorefield Pre-School will be giving us a fashion show of sorts, with their imaginatively decorated T-shirts at 1.30pm. Who knows, we might even find the next Alexander McQueen!!
Following this we have the turnout of The Heavy Horses and The Grand Parade.
Finally in the main ring a magnificent display of vintage machinery and tractors, classic cars and bikes will take place.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
Also this year we are bring back the hugely popular Bucking Bronco.
As if this was not enough, the showground also boasts an excellent range of side shows and country stalls. For the children, there is a bigger than ever giant slide, bouncy castle, swing boats and athletic competitions with cash prizes.
Delicious snacks will be available from our impressive refreshment tent and the cake stall is just too good to resist! Meanwhile, liquid refreshments will be available from our new and improved licensed bar provided by Jambaree.
Unfortunately there will be no dog show this year due to lack of space, however our furry friends are still invited to the show if kept on a lead at all times.
The Gorefield show is a great day out for all and is also great value for money for a full day’s entertainment. Adults �3. Children and OAP’s �2. Car On the show field �6 (not including occupants).
Disabled parking is provided for free on the field and there is a free car park for all opposite the showground.
The Gorefield show is a registered charity. All profits go towards facilities and the community of the village.