REVIEW: The Highwayman Cookhouse and Pub offers delicious food and a play area to keep children entertained
- Credit: Archant
Looking for somewhere nice to eat where the kids can use up some of their relentless energy?
We visited The Highwayman Cookhouse and Pub in St Neots - which has an indoor play area for children - and were not disappointed.
The kids were entertained with a 'cookhouse kids' menu which doubles as an activity sheet to start with and a free tub of popcorn.
We skipped starters and went straight onto mains with my son ordering a 'hot dog' which was served with chips and mini corn on the cob - a "20 out of 20 score" in his own words.
I ordered the 'beef and doom bar pie' - beef in a rich doom bar sauce served with mash and butter green beans; it was absolutely gorgeous, I could not fault it.
You may also want to watch:
My partner ordered the 'chicken and half rack of ribs' - grilled chicken breast and a half rack of ribs glazed in BrewDog Punk IPA BBQ sauce served with sweet potato fries, coleslaw and salad; his only suggestion was that extra sauce with the meal would have been an added bonus.
We topped off our meals with an 'indulgent chocolate cake' served warm with chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream, which was delicious, and a 'funny face sundae' - a create your own funny face with vanilla ice cream, strawberry lace, chocolate beans, marshmallows and a wafer cone.
- 1 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 2 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 3 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Ex-employee ordered to pay £2k after losing ‘age discrimination’ case
- 6 Second dispersal order in two months to tackle anti-social behaviour
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Drink driver reported after village crash
- 9 Care home residents enjoy a gift of touch screen technology
- 10 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
We ended the lunch with an hour in the soft play area, which is so reasonably priced it warrants a trip to the play area itself.
All in all a great afternoon spent with the family. We would thoroughly recommend.