Half-term packed with activities at Sacrewell Farm, Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
Pull on your wellies and join in some activities in the great outdoors this half-term at Sacrewell Farm, near Peterborough.
Winter fun events will take place every day over half term, with one-off events also included in the line-up.
On February 17, enjoy a flipping good time at Sacrewell’s pancake day. Take part in a relay, collect ingredients in a pancake trail to learn how to make a batter, have a go at flipping a pancake and, of course, cover one in your favourite toppings and devour it in the café.
On the evening of 21 February, look to the skies with Sacrewell and Peterborough Astronomical Society at its annual star party from 5.30–9pm.
There will also be a projector display, taking you on a tour of the universe and talks on some of the most exciting advances in astronomical sciences.
Marketing executive Megan Allen said: “As a local charity dedicated to agricultural education we think it’s vitally important to get out in the fresh air at all times of the year.
“There’s lots to see, do and be learned during the winter months – from tackling one of our farmland ramble routes to learning how to look after wildlife in the winter.”
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 5 Missing woman back home
- 6 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 9 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 10 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
Sacrewell is open from 9.30am-5pm every day from tomorrow (Saturday). For more information, visit Sacrewell.org.uk