Haunted head teachers and spooky students to host torchlit tour of Wisbech Grammar School
SPOOKY students will dress as ghosts and ghouls to host a torchlit tour of Wisbech Grammar School for Halloween.
Visitors will get a chilling welcome at ‘Ghoul School’ - the second event to be organised by Taste Real Food Fenland, which aims to promote local, home-grown food.
Younger pupils will enjoy a fancy dress competition and other Halloween-themed activities at the first event, which starts at 6.30pm on October 31.
This will be followed by the terrifying tour, which starts at 7.30pm.
A feast of blood-red non-alcoholic punch, hot dogs, pumpkin soup, pumpkin bread and Halloween cup cakes will also be on offer.
School play director Alison Clayton, together with her team, will apply the youngsters’ make-up.
Alison Sloan, head of food and nutrition, hinted that it might not just be pupils haunting the classrooms.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 6 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
“There have been sightings and presences felt by various members of the caretaking team in the old parts of the school,” she said.
The event is ticket only and the entry fee, which covers food and drink, is �5. Details are available from Michaela Tooke on 07921291624.