Haunted head teachers and spooky students to host torchlit tour of Wisbech Grammar School
SPOOKY students will dress as ghosts and ghouls to host a torchlit tour of Wisbech Grammar School for Halloween.
Visitors will get a chilling welcome at ‘Ghoul School’ - the second event to be organised by Taste Real Food Fenland, which aims to promote local, home-grown food.
Younger pupils will enjoy a fancy dress competition and other Halloween-themed activities at the first event, which starts at 6.30pm on October 31.
This will be followed by the terrifying tour, which starts at 7.30pm.
A feast of blood-red non-alcoholic punch, hot dogs, pumpkin soup, pumpkin bread and Halloween cup cakes will also be on offer.
You may also want to watch:
School play director Alison Clayton, together with her team, will apply the youngsters’ make-up.
Alison Sloan, head of food and nutrition, hinted that it might not just be pupils haunting the classrooms.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
“There have been sightings and presences felt by various members of the caretaking team in the old parts of the school,” she said.
The event is ticket only and the entry fee, which covers food and drink, is �5. Details are available from Michaela Tooke on 07921291624.