Heigh-Ho! It’s off to panto we go as final rehearsals begin at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn Corn Exchange has begun its magical Christmas journey with rehearsals under way for this year’s pantomime, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
This year’s production is the fifth being staged by the Corn Exchange with Jordan Productions.
Sue Holderness takes up the title role of the Wicked Queen.
She is best known for her role as Marlene in Britain’s best loved sitcom Only Fools and Horses, which she played from 1984 until the final episode in 2003, and continued in four series of the spin-off The Green, Green Grass.
Joining the cast are a talented group of dancers from King’s Lynn and the surrounding area.
Successful open auditions, in which producers were once again impressed by the quality of the talent, were held in September and the dancers began rehearsals this month in preparation for their big moment on the stage.
Nina McKenna, head of programming and marketing, said “It is lovely to see such fantastic local talent being given a professional platform to showcase their skills.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
“This year we have some outstanding young people taking part in our panto and it has been so exciting to see it all coming together.”
For the fifth year running the Corn Exchange welcomes back Dame and Director Ian Marr.
Returning for a second year, after proving a big hit with audiences last year, is KLFM’s breakfast show host Adam Newstead who will be taking to the stage as Hector The Henchman.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs opens on Friday, December 5, and runs until December 31. For show times, and to purchase tickets, contact the box office on 01553 764864 or visit www.kingslynncornexchange.co.uk