Hendrix brought to life by his younger brother in his first UK tour.
- Credit: Archant
The younger brother of rock Legend Jimi Hendrix plays his first UK tour this summer.
Leon is heading across the Atlantic for his tour from July 26 to August 9 when he and his band will entertain audiences, performing across nine famous venues across the country.
The tour venues range from a rare and intimate gig at the picturesque Howard Theatre in Cambridge to the legendary 100 Club in London – synonymous with performances by rock bands and icons from across the world – culminating in a headline slot at this year’s Cambridge Rock Festival.
A chance meeting between Hendrix and UK-born Ian Griffith took place on the streets of San Francisco earlier this year, when Griffith spontaneously played drums on a street corner, wowing the crowds who stopped to listen.
He also got the attention of Brian Compton, Leon’s friend and bass player, who invited him to join Leon and his band, resulting in Griffith bringing them to our shores for this once-in-a-lifetime tour.
You may also want to watch:
“The tour is an amazing opportunity, not just for me, but all Hendrix fans. It’s an honour to be performing this exciting set alongside Hendrix, the legacy of this music lives on,” says Griffith.
Through his unique tribute to Jimi Hendrix, together with Leon’s own original material, Leon keeps his brother’s spirit and music very much alive. Leon will be joined by his band made up of a selection of musicians who’ve played with some of the UK’s biggest names.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
Jimi Hendrix encouraged his younger brother to pick up a guitar and now Leon will pay a moving tribute to his brother, featuring many favourite Hendrix hits including Hey Joe, Purple Haze and Foxy Lady.
“British fans brought my brother’s amazing music into the limelight and the country was always special to him. Bringing my brother’s music back to the fans is something I’m really excited to do,” said Leon .
Catch him locally at:
July 27 - The Howard Theatre, Cambridge
July 30 – The Voodoo Lounge, Stamford
July 31 – Secret Gig, Cambridge
August 9 – The Cambridge Rock Festival, Cambridge