Hi de Hi style fun with the Fenland Big Weekender that includes a music-filled trip down memory lane.
- Credit: Archant
Hi de Hi style fun comes to March when the Fenland Big Weekender takes a music-filled trip down memory lane. The 1960s themed event is from Friday July 15 to Sunday 17.
Expect to hear music from The Hollies, The Yard Birds, Gerry & The Pacemakers and The Who, all of whom played Marcam Hall throughout 1964 to 1966.
For just £20 per person, you will get a meal in a basket, a glass of punch, and an ‘amazing night of music and dance set in our very own timewarp’ within a marquee say organisers.
The bar opens at 7pm and food will be served from 8.15pm till 9pm. On the menu will be a choice of chicken or veggie goujons and chips followed by black forest gateaux or lemon meringue pie, as well as the offer of a glass of punch upon arrival.
Entertainment starts from 8pm with dancing continuing till 11.30pm. Dressing up is encouraged as a photo booth will help capture your 60’s trip and a prize for the best costumed man and woman will be awarded.
“Treat yourself to this 60s experience: ideal for a special occasion, a special night out to remember, or a surprise gift for your loved ones,” say organisers.
If you’ve still got enough energy (of course you will!) then come back for the craft fair, games and Cellar Club Mega 60’s Showcase on Saturday and/or family film screenings on Sunday.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 9 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
There are also opportunities to get involved in the Fenland Big Weekender: take part in the local talent showcase or volunteer and be part of the 1960s atmosphere.
There is also a tenner challenge for young people to run a stall inside a marquee at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel. Young people from 14 to 19 will be given £10 and must set up a stall eg with cakes, bric a brac or anything that can be sourced with £10 to see who can make the most money for charity.