Hippy Shake with sixties band the Swinging Blue Jeans at The Brook, Soham
- Credit: Archant
Sixties band The Swinging Blue Jeans will appear at The Brook in Soham on Friday October 18.
Formed in Liverpool in 1961 as The Bluegenes, The Swinging Blue Jeans followed virtually the same path to success as many of their Merseybeat contemporaries.
The Jeans had their own guest night when they were the resident band at the Cavern Club in Liverpool, and one of the first bands they invited was The Beatles!
Among their hits were Hippy Hippy Shake, which just fell short of the Number 1 slot, their follow-up release, Good Golly Miss Molly followed suit and their next single You’re No Good reached number 3 in Britain.
Despite several line-up changes The Swinging Blue Jeans are still going strong. Today’s line up features Alan Lovell, lead guitar and vocals, Peter Oakman, bass guitar and vocals, Jeff Bannister, keyboards, guitar and vocals and Graham Hollingworth, drums.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £18 and bar food is available. To book, call 01353 721748 or call at Burrows Bookshop, Ely.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list