Hippy Shake with sixties band the Swinging Blue Jeans at The Brook, Soham
- Credit: Archant
Sixties band The Swinging Blue Jeans will appear at The Brook in Soham on Friday October 18.
Formed in Liverpool in 1961 as The Bluegenes, The Swinging Blue Jeans followed virtually the same path to success as many of their Merseybeat contemporaries.
The Jeans had their own guest night when they were the resident band at the Cavern Club in Liverpool, and one of the first bands they invited was The Beatles!
Among their hits were Hippy Hippy Shake, which just fell short of the Number 1 slot, their follow-up release, Good Golly Miss Molly followed suit and their next single You’re No Good reached number 3 in Britain.
Despite several line-up changes The Swinging Blue Jeans are still going strong. Today’s line up features Alan Lovell, lead guitar and vocals, Peter Oakman, bass guitar and vocals, Jeff Bannister, keyboards, guitar and vocals and Graham Hollingworth, drums.
Tickets cost £18 and bar food is available. To book, call 01353 721748 or call at Burrows Bookshop, Ely.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village