Hippy Shake with sixties band the Swinging Blue Jeans at The Brook, Soham
- Credit: Archant
Sixties band The Swinging Blue Jeans will appear at The Brook in Soham on Friday October 18.
Formed in Liverpool in 1961 as The Bluegenes, The Swinging Blue Jeans followed virtually the same path to success as many of their Merseybeat contemporaries.
The Jeans had their own guest night when they were the resident band at the Cavern Club in Liverpool, and one of the first bands they invited was The Beatles!
Among their hits were Hippy Hippy Shake, which just fell short of the Number 1 slot, their follow-up release, Good Golly Miss Molly followed suit and their next single You’re No Good reached number 3 in Britain.
Despite several line-up changes The Swinging Blue Jeans are still going strong. Today’s line up features Alan Lovell, lead guitar and vocals, Peter Oakman, bass guitar and vocals, Jeff Bannister, keyboards, guitar and vocals and Graham Hollingworth, drums.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £18 and bar food is available. To book, call 01353 721748 or call at Burrows Bookshop, Ely.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 5 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden