Hippy Shake with sixties band the Swinging Blue Jeans at The Brook, Soham
- Credit: Archant
Sixties band The Swinging Blue Jeans will appear at The Brook in Soham on Friday October 18.
Formed in Liverpool in 1961 as The Bluegenes, The Swinging Blue Jeans followed virtually the same path to success as many of their Merseybeat contemporaries.
The Jeans had their own guest night when they were the resident band at the Cavern Club in Liverpool, and one of the first bands they invited was The Beatles!
Among their hits were Hippy Hippy Shake, which just fell short of the Number 1 slot, their follow-up release, Good Golly Miss Molly followed suit and their next single You’re No Good reached number 3 in Britain.
Despite several line-up changes The Swinging Blue Jeans are still going strong. Today’s line up features Alan Lovell, lead guitar and vocals, Peter Oakman, bass guitar and vocals, Jeff Bannister, keyboards, guitar and vocals and Graham Hollingworth, drums.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £18 and bar food is available. To book, call 01353 721748 or call at Burrows Bookshop, Ely.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence