Historic aircraft, cadet display and vintage motorbikes at Royal British Legion family fun day
- Credit: Archant
A FLY past by a Dakota aircraft from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, a drill display by Sea Cadets and displays by raptors, reptiles and motorcycles are just some of the highlights of a family fun day to be held on Saturday June 22.
The event - staged jointly by Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire Royal British Legion - promises to be a great day for all the family, with a circus skills workshop, face painting and archery also on offer.
The venue is The Camp, at Wood Lane in Ramsey, the site of the famous Ramsey 1940s weekend.
Gates will open at 11am, and there will be a flag raising ceremony on the parade ground at noon, with a parade of Legion and other standards, 2331 Sqn (St Ives) ATC and the Honour Guard from USAF Alconbury
Among the stalls, sideshows and entertainment will be birds from the Ramsey Raptor Centre, the Pathfinder Motorcycle Club from RAF Wyton, and items on display from the RAF Wyton Pathfinder Museum.
You may also want to watch:
In the drill hall there will be a bar, with music and two local singers to entertain during the day. Hot dogs, burgers, carvery and ice cream will be available in the food court, and tea, coffee and cakes will be on sale in the NAAFI
The day will close with a Sunset Ceremony on the parade ground at around 4.45pm
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
Admission: Adults, £2, children £1, under 5s free.