Horsefair and fundraisers prepare for Wisbech Rose Fair
THE Horsefair Shopping Centre’s stores have been busy getting ready for Rose Fair celebrations.
Shoppers and visitors to the centre will have an opportunity to take advantage of some excellent offers, plus help to raise cash for charity.
The centre’s Paperbox store will be gathering vital funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care by hosting a ‘Blooming Great Tea Party’. For a small donation those with a sweet tooth can go along and have a refreshing hot or cold drink, plus tuck into some tasty cakes from 11am-2pm from Wednesday until Friday.
Shoppers and visitors will receive 25 per cent off everything at the centre’s Julian Graves store and Union Jack Nurseries will be situated in the centre selling a selection of plants and shrubs from its nursery.
Youngsters can enjoy a free fairground ride on July 3 from 10am-2pm, which will be situated at the side of the centre’s Boots store.
Horsefair manager Kevin smith said: “The Rose Fair is a big event in the town and it is fantastic to see that the Horsefair’s retailers get involved to offer shoppers and visitors some special offiers in celebration.”
Meanwhile, Norfolk Street fun day takes place alongside the Rose Fair parades on Saturday, July 3.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 3 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 4 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
The street will be closed to traffic and there will be a variety of craft and charity stalls selling many different items. Also included will be refreshments, games, competitions, entertainment and a prize draw.