Hotbed of upcoming theatre writing talent comes to Cambridge Junction this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Hotbed Festival comes to The Junction this weekend promising to have ‘something for everyone’ as a celebration of upcoming theatre writing talent.
The event, also known as The Cambridge New Writing Festival is produced by Menagerie Theatre Company in conjunction with Cambridge Junction.
Promoting an ‘eclectic and daring’ collection of new writing for the stage, the festival will showcase: international work, professional commissions, plays, workshops and guest productions.
Throughout the event, there will be semi-staged performances presenting the early drafts of works, training workshops led by professionals which are open to participants of all abilities.
After a number of the performances, there will be question and answer sessions with writers, directors and performers where audience members will be able to give feedback for future development.
You may also want to watch:
This year, a special ticket offer where if tickets are bought for two events on a single day a 10% discount is given, while if three or more events are booked, there will be a 15% discount.
Hotbed Festival takes place from Thursday, 9 to Saturday, 11 July.
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 5 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 6 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 7 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 8 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 9 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 10 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
For tickets which cost between £5-10, information or to book online contact the box office on 01223 511 511. Alternatively, visit www.junction.co.uk or www.menagerietheatre.co.uk.