Hotbed of upcoming theatre writing talent comes to Cambridge Junction this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Hotbed Festival comes to The Junction this weekend promising to have ‘something for everyone’ as a celebration of upcoming theatre writing talent.
The event, also known as The Cambridge New Writing Festival is produced by Menagerie Theatre Company in conjunction with Cambridge Junction.
Promoting an ‘eclectic and daring’ collection of new writing for the stage, the festival will showcase: international work, professional commissions, plays, workshops and guest productions.
Throughout the event, there will be semi-staged performances presenting the early drafts of works, training workshops led by professionals which are open to participants of all abilities.
After a number of the performances, there will be question and answer sessions with writers, directors and performers where audience members will be able to give feedback for future development.
This year, a special ticket offer where if tickets are bought for two events on a single day a 10% discount is given, while if three or more events are booked, there will be a 15% discount.
Hotbed Festival takes place from Thursday, 9 to Saturday, 11 July.
- 1 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 2 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 3 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 4 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 5 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 6 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 7 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 8 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 9 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 10 Improve your selfies and photographs by joining new group
For tickets which cost between £5-10, information or to book online contact the box office on 01223 511 511. Alternatively, visit www.junction.co.uk or www.menagerietheatre.co.uk.