Hotbed of upcoming theatre writing talent comes to Cambridge Junction this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Hotbed Festival comes to The Junction this weekend promising to have ‘something for everyone’ as a celebration of upcoming theatre writing talent.
The event, also known as The Cambridge New Writing Festival is produced by Menagerie Theatre Company in conjunction with Cambridge Junction.
Promoting an ‘eclectic and daring’ collection of new writing for the stage, the festival will showcase: international work, professional commissions, plays, workshops and guest productions.
Throughout the event, there will be semi-staged performances presenting the early drafts of works, training workshops led by professionals which are open to participants of all abilities.
After a number of the performances, there will be question and answer sessions with writers, directors and performers where audience members will be able to give feedback for future development.
You may also want to watch:
This year, a special ticket offer where if tickets are bought for two events on a single day a 10% discount is given, while if three or more events are booked, there will be a 15% discount.
Hotbed Festival takes place from Thursday, 9 to Saturday, 11 July.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
For tickets which cost between £5-10, information or to book online contact the box office on 01223 511 511. Alternatively, visit www.junction.co.uk or www.menagerietheatre.co.uk.