Hotbed of upcoming theatre writing talent comes to Cambridge Junction this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Hotbed Festival comes to The Junction this weekend promising to have ‘something for everyone’ as a celebration of upcoming theatre writing talent.
The event, also known as The Cambridge New Writing Festival is produced by Menagerie Theatre Company in conjunction with Cambridge Junction.
Promoting an ‘eclectic and daring’ collection of new writing for the stage, the festival will showcase: international work, professional commissions, plays, workshops and guest productions.
Throughout the event, there will be semi-staged performances presenting the early drafts of works, training workshops led by professionals which are open to participants of all abilities.
After a number of the performances, there will be question and answer sessions with writers, directors and performers where audience members will be able to give feedback for future development.
You may also want to watch:
This year, a special ticket offer where if tickets are bought for two events on a single day a 10% discount is given, while if three or more events are booked, there will be a 15% discount.
Hotbed Festival takes place from Thursday, 9 to Saturday, 11 July.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
For tickets which cost between £5-10, information or to book online contact the box office on 01223 511 511. Alternatively, visit www.junction.co.uk or www.menagerietheatre.co.uk.