Hundreds enjoy Wisbech Rock Festival - despite the rain
TEN bands played to around 1,000 people on Sunday when Wisbech hosted a hugely successful Rock in the Park event.
Torrential rain throughout the day failed to dampen the spirits of the music enthusiasts who sheltered under their umbrellas and plastic sheets.
The free event was organised by Wisbech Youth Council and sponsored by Wisbech Town Council and Fenland District Council. Town clerk Erbie Murat said: “It was really, really exceptional. The stage arrangements worked very well and kept everything dry despite the rain.
“We had some very talented bands and just two days before one of the bands, The Whisky Jax, had been recording with Jools Holland. Fuel for the Fire and Verax will both be appearing at the 02 Festival. Little Wisbech certainly did attract some big bands”
Local band The Brink played to a capacity audience and to great applause.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Murat said the event had been enjoyed by many families and the fairground rides proved very popular with the youngsters.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton