Hundreds enjoy Wisbech Rock Festival - despite the rain
TEN bands played to around 1,000 people on Sunday when Wisbech hosted a hugely successful Rock in the Park event.
Torrential rain throughout the day failed to dampen the spirits of the music enthusiasts who sheltered under their umbrellas and plastic sheets.
The free event was organised by Wisbech Youth Council and sponsored by Wisbech Town Council and Fenland District Council. Town clerk Erbie Murat said: “It was really, really exceptional. The stage arrangements worked very well and kept everything dry despite the rain.
“We had some very talented bands and just two days before one of the bands, The Whisky Jax, had been recording with Jools Holland. Fuel for the Fire and Verax will both be appearing at the 02 Festival. Little Wisbech certainly did attract some big bands”
Local band The Brink played to a capacity audience and to great applause.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Murat said the event had been enjoyed by many families and the fairground rides proved very popular with the youngsters.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 6 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years