Hundreds enjoy Wisbech Rock Festival - despite the rain
TEN bands played to around 1,000 people on Sunday when Wisbech hosted a hugely successful Rock in the Park event.
Torrential rain throughout the day failed to dampen the spirits of the music enthusiasts who sheltered under their umbrellas and plastic sheets.
The free event was organised by Wisbech Youth Council and sponsored by Wisbech Town Council and Fenland District Council. Town clerk Erbie Murat said: “It was really, really exceptional. The stage arrangements worked very well and kept everything dry despite the rain.
“We had some very talented bands and just two days before one of the bands, The Whisky Jax, had been recording with Jools Holland. Fuel for the Fire and Verax will both be appearing at the 02 Festival. Little Wisbech certainly did attract some big bands”
Local band The Brink played to a capacity audience and to great applause.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Murat said the event had been enjoyed by many families and the fairground rides proved very popular with the youngsters.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home