Hundreds of events to choose from at OuseFest 2016!
- Credit: Archant
The second year of OuseFest will have something for everyone this summer – with more than 100 events to choose from!
Between Monday 18 to Sunday 31 July, a fortnight of more than 100 local events will celebrate the Ouse Washes landscape and communities.
“There’s plenty happening at a variety of venues right on our doorsteps, spanning across the landscape from Downham Market to St Ives,” say organisers.
“It’s a perfect opportunity to learn more about the history of the fascinating Ouse Washes area, local wildlife and habitats and traditional Fenland life.
“OuseFest is sure to be lots of fun and a great way to reminisce about the old days, think about the Ouse Washes of the future and enjoy everything the beautiful local area has to offer.
You may also want to watch:
“You can become a nature explorer at RSPB Fen Drayton Lakes; discover life under the water with a botany fun day at WWT Welney Wetland Centre; explore local history on a museums trail including Prickwillow Museum; see the landscape from a different point of view on a kite aerial photography workshop; and let off some steam at one of the family fun days happening across the area. There is sure to be something for all ages,” add organisers.
A date for the diaries is the OuseFest fun day which takes place in Manea on Saturday July 23 between 11am and 5pm. Expect a range of activities held at Manea Pit Nature Reserve and RSPB Ouse Washes (with a shuttle bus between the sites). At Manea Pit Nature Reserve there will be pond dipping, angling sessions, a quiz in the community orchard and a guided walk around Manea. There will be face painting, bouncy castle and refreshments available to purchase.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
At RSPB Ouse Washes, join a fascinating guided walk, take part in a nature trail or try out a mini-beasting kit.
The full programme is now online and will be available at hundreds of locations across the area later this month.
For more information about OuseFest 2016 visit http://ousewashes.org.uk/ousefest/