‘I’m basically trying to get away with murder!’ – meet mind reader Colin Cloud, the next big thing in the magic world
- Credit: Archant
Colin Cloud’s mind boggling mix of forensic science, mind magic and brain science made him the runaway success of the 2014 Edinburgh Fringe Festival, receiving five-star reviews all round.
Uri Geller called him “one of the greatest thought readers of all time”, he left Jonathan Ross speechless and he even stunned the notoriously hard to please Simon Cowell.
BEN JOLLEY spoke to him ahead of his upcoming show at Wisbech’s Angles Theatre.
What can people expect from your live show?
This new show is my most adventurous work yet. I’m basically trying to get away with murder...
You may also want to watch:
How do you want people to feel when they watch you?
Everyone will feel like they are a part of the show. I’ll pick audience members out at random and, for many people, it’ll be the first time that they will have had the luxury of coming to see it.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 10 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
How do people react to your talent?
Most people are quite stunned by it. They still gasp and clap, but there’s more of a stunned silence. People just don’t know how to react. That for me is priceless.
You’ve received countless five star reviews, how has that helped?
After the preview show last year, word spread that I was a real life Sherlock Holmes. Then the interest just went crazy, it was incredible.
What do you do on your days off?
You’ll find me writing new material, at the gym, eating or travelling.
What’s your ultimate goal?
World domination? I really don’t know about that, but it’s a wonderful position to be where I am right now.
? Have you ever wanted to have your mind read? Colin Cloud is just the guy and we’ve got a pair of tickets that you could win to see him perform his unique magic at the Angles Theatre. To stand a chance of winning, don’t miss the August 21 edition of the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard