‘I’m basically trying to get away with murder!’ – meet mind reader Colin Cloud, the next big thing in the magic world
- Credit: Archant
Colin Cloud’s mind boggling mix of forensic science, mind magic and brain science made him the runaway success of the 2014 Edinburgh Fringe Festival, receiving five-star reviews all round.
Uri Geller called him “one of the greatest thought readers of all time”, he left Jonathan Ross speechless and he even stunned the notoriously hard to please Simon Cowell.
BEN JOLLEY spoke to him ahead of his upcoming show at Wisbech’s Angles Theatre.
What can people expect from your live show?
This new show is my most adventurous work yet. I’m basically trying to get away with murder...
You may also want to watch:
How do you want people to feel when they watch you?
Everyone will feel like they are a part of the show. I’ll pick audience members out at random and, for many people, it’ll be the first time that they will have had the luxury of coming to see it.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
How do people react to your talent?
Most people are quite stunned by it. They still gasp and clap, but there’s more of a stunned silence. People just don’t know how to react. That for me is priceless.
You’ve received countless five star reviews, how has that helped?
After the preview show last year, word spread that I was a real life Sherlock Holmes. Then the interest just went crazy, it was incredible.
What do you do on your days off?
You’ll find me writing new material, at the gym, eating or travelling.
What’s your ultimate goal?
World domination? I really don’t know about that, but it’s a wonderful position to be where I am right now.
? Have you ever wanted to have your mind read? Colin Cloud is just the guy and we’ve got a pair of tickets that you could win to see him perform his unique magic at the Angles Theatre. To stand a chance of winning, don’t miss the August 21 edition of the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard