Imperial War Museum Duxford prepares to welcome visitors for new season of tours
HISTORY is set to come to life at Imperial War Museum Duxford as it prepares to welcome visitors for a new season of tours.
The museum will once again be showcasing its historic buildings and objects and revealing how they came to be part of the Duxford collection.
New this year is Unseen Duxford - the Southside Tour, which will tell visitors the story behind the bricks and mortar and explain the original purposes of the buildings.
Duxford’s role as a typical Battle of Britain fighter station will be uncovered in the Duxford and the Battle of Britain Tour, while tanks and artillery will be on show in the Land Warfare Tour.
The Grand Tour reveals the lesser-know stories and facts behind the museum and is hailed as “perfect for the discerning visitor”.
Taster talks are available on many weekdays throughout the year, with Exhibition Tours on several weekends.
Due to its popularity in 2011, The First World War Uncovered Special Interest Day is set to return again this year - looking at different aspects of The Great War with new speakers.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 6 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
For opening times, tour details and tickets, visit: duxford.iwm.org.uk