Imperial War Museum Duxford prepares to welcome visitors for new season of tours
HISTORY is set to come to life at Imperial War Museum Duxford as it prepares to welcome visitors for a new season of tours.
The museum will once again be showcasing its historic buildings and objects and revealing how they came to be part of the Duxford collection.
New this year is Unseen Duxford - the Southside Tour, which will tell visitors the story behind the bricks and mortar and explain the original purposes of the buildings.
Duxford’s role as a typical Battle of Britain fighter station will be uncovered in the Duxford and the Battle of Britain Tour, while tanks and artillery will be on show in the Land Warfare Tour.
The Grand Tour reveals the lesser-know stories and facts behind the museum and is hailed as “perfect for the discerning visitor”.
You may also want to watch:
Taster talks are available on many weekdays throughout the year, with Exhibition Tours on several weekends.
Due to its popularity in 2011, The First World War Uncovered Special Interest Day is set to return again this year - looking at different aspects of The Great War with new speakers.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 6 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
For opening times, tour details and tickets, visit: duxford.iwm.org.uk