Imperial War Museum Duxford prepares to welcome visitors for new season of tours
HISTORY is set to come to life at Imperial War Museum Duxford as it prepares to welcome visitors for a new season of tours.
The museum will once again be showcasing its historic buildings and objects and revealing how they came to be part of the Duxford collection.
New this year is Unseen Duxford - the Southside Tour, which will tell visitors the story behind the bricks and mortar and explain the original purposes of the buildings.
Duxford’s role as a typical Battle of Britain fighter station will be uncovered in the Duxford and the Battle of Britain Tour, while tanks and artillery will be on show in the Land Warfare Tour.
The Grand Tour reveals the lesser-know stories and facts behind the museum and is hailed as “perfect for the discerning visitor”.
You may also want to watch:
Taster talks are available on many weekdays throughout the year, with Exhibition Tours on several weekends.
Due to its popularity in 2011, The First World War Uncovered Special Interest Day is set to return again this year - looking at different aspects of The Great War with new speakers.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
For opening times, tour details and tickets, visit: duxford.iwm.org.uk