Imperial War Museum Duxford prepares to welcome visitors for new season of tours
HISTORY is set to come to life at Imperial War Museum Duxford as it prepares to welcome visitors for a new season of tours.
The museum will once again be showcasing its historic buildings and objects and revealing how they came to be part of the Duxford collection.
New this year is Unseen Duxford - the Southside Tour, which will tell visitors the story behind the bricks and mortar and explain the original purposes of the buildings.
Duxford’s role as a typical Battle of Britain fighter station will be uncovered in the Duxford and the Battle of Britain Tour, while tanks and artillery will be on show in the Land Warfare Tour.
The Grand Tour reveals the lesser-know stories and facts behind the museum and is hailed as “perfect for the discerning visitor”.
You may also want to watch:
Taster talks are available on many weekdays throughout the year, with Exhibition Tours on several weekends.
Due to its popularity in 2011, The First World War Uncovered Special Interest Day is set to return again this year - looking at different aspects of The Great War with new speakers.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 10 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
For opening times, tour details and tickets, visit: duxford.iwm.org.uk