International award-winning pianist to perform with Norfolk Symphony Orchestra at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Symphony Orchestra returns to King’s Lynn Corn Exchange on Sunday with works by Rossini, Chopin and Shostakovich.
Rossini’s Semiramide Overture opens the concert and then soloist Reinis Zarins will perform Chopin’s Piano Concerto No 1.
Premiered in 1830 with Chopin as the soloist, this work is best known for its lyrical middle movement and its two outer movements which contain melodic gems.
Zarins’ playing has been described as electrifying, with unerring judgment, boasting magnificent tone and thrilling clarity.
His CV boasts 11 top prizes in international competitions.
You may also want to watch:
The final work is Shostakovich’s 10th Symphony.
The concert begins at 3.30pm. Tickets cost £16 for adults, with under-18s admitted free.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
To purchase tickets, contact the Corn Exchange box office on 01553 764864.