International award-winning pianist to perform with Norfolk Symphony Orchestra at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Symphony Orchestra returns to King’s Lynn Corn Exchange on Sunday with works by Rossini, Chopin and Shostakovich.
Rossini’s Semiramide Overture opens the concert and then soloist Reinis Zarins will perform Chopin’s Piano Concerto No 1.
Premiered in 1830 with Chopin as the soloist, this work is best known for its lyrical middle movement and its two outer movements which contain melodic gems.
Zarins’ playing has been described as electrifying, with unerring judgment, boasting magnificent tone and thrilling clarity.
His CV boasts 11 top prizes in international competitions.
You may also want to watch:
The final work is Shostakovich’s 10th Symphony.
The concert begins at 3.30pm. Tickets cost £16 for adults, with under-18s admitted free.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
To purchase tickets, contact the Corn Exchange box office on 01553 764864.