International award-winning pianist to perform with Norfolk Symphony Orchestra at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Symphony Orchestra returns to King’s Lynn Corn Exchange on Sunday with works by Rossini, Chopin and Shostakovich.
Rossini’s Semiramide Overture opens the concert and then soloist Reinis Zarins will perform Chopin’s Piano Concerto No 1.
Premiered in 1830 with Chopin as the soloist, this work is best known for its lyrical middle movement and its two outer movements which contain melodic gems.
Zarins’ playing has been described as electrifying, with unerring judgment, boasting magnificent tone and thrilling clarity.
His CV boasts 11 top prizes in international competitions.
You may also want to watch:
The final work is Shostakovich’s 10th Symphony.
The concert begins at 3.30pm. Tickets cost £16 for adults, with under-18s admitted free.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
To purchase tickets, contact the Corn Exchange box office on 01553 764864.