International award-winning pianist to perform with Norfolk Symphony Orchestra at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Symphony Orchestra returns to King’s Lynn Corn Exchange on Sunday with works by Rossini, Chopin and Shostakovich.
Rossini’s Semiramide Overture opens the concert and then soloist Reinis Zarins will perform Chopin’s Piano Concerto No 1.
Premiered in 1830 with Chopin as the soloist, this work is best known for its lyrical middle movement and its two outer movements which contain melodic gems.
Zarins’ playing has been described as electrifying, with unerring judgment, boasting magnificent tone and thrilling clarity.
His CV boasts 11 top prizes in international competitions.
The final work is Shostakovich’s 10th Symphony.
The concert begins at 3.30pm. Tickets cost £16 for adults, with under-18s admitted free.
- 1 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 6 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 7 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 8 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 9 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 10 Improve your selfies and photographs by joining new group
To purchase tickets, contact the Corn Exchange box office on 01553 764864.