International film festival is celebrated at the Light Cinema in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech cinema play host to a film festival with eight movies ranging from mainstream family fun to alternative.
The Light at Wisbech is one of more than 520 venues across the UK getting involved in Into Film Festival 2014, the world’s largest film festival for children and young people.
The venue is showing a selection of eight films, ranging from Disney’s Maleficent to movie classic Bugsy Malone. There is also alternative content, such as Saudi Arabian film Wadjda.
For older students, who are interested in a career in film, there will be a careers event with a speaker, giving tips and advice about breaking into the industry.
All the content is linked to the national curriculum and backed up with educational resources for teachers and groups.
You may also want to watch:
In a survey of last year’s festival, 92 per cent of attending educators said they saw the broader educational benefits for their students and 71 per cent said they were more likely to use film or cinema visits to support delivery of the curriculum.
The annual celebration of film and education is made possible by support from the BFI, Cinema First, a wide collaboration between the UK film industry partners and festival delivery partner, National Schools Partnership.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 9 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
The Into Film Festival 2014 takes place from November 4-21.
Booking is advised.