International pianist Amit Yahav booked for concert performance at Chatteris parish church
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Music Society is to present an “Evening of Music” from the multi-award winning pianist Amit Yahav. The programme will include music by Chopin, Schumann and Bach
The concert will be held in the Church of St. Peter and St. Paul, Chatteris on Saturday May 10 at 7.00pm.
Tickets are £10.00 for adults (prebooked) from 01354 669104/692009 or at Elizabeth’s Florist, High Street, Chatteris, PE16 6BE. £12.00 on the door. Tickets for Under 16s are free of charge. Interval refreshments will be available.
Recipient of numerous international scholarships and awards, Amit Yahav is much in demand as a recitalist and concerto soloist.
Following his distinction of the Master of Music course at the Royal College of Music, and on the exclusive Artist Diploma programme, he is now undertaking doctoral studies at the RCM, researching the music of Chopin.
You may also want to watch:
Amit’s performing career has taken him to over a dozen countries around the world. In 2009, at the invitation of the Israeli Embassy in South Africa, Amit played two recitals in Johannesburg.
A subsequent invitation followed from the Israeli Embassy in Prague. His performances of the music of Mozart, Chopin, Schumann and Liszt have, in particular, garnered high praise.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
His appearance at Chatteris is the latest in a series of events planned by the local society which presents a variety of stunning musical events to the people of Fenland; jazz, opera, military bands, ‘come and sing’, wind ensembles, choral works and recitals.