IWM Duxford commemorating 70th anniversary of D-Day landings with series of events
- Credit: Archant
The Imperial War Museum in Duxford has announced a series of events and exhibitions to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the World War Two D-Day Landings.
One of the main highlights will be a D-Day Landings Tour, which will be run on April 5, April 30, May 3, May 21 and June 6.
A guide will discuss the strategic planning for D-Day, the work of the resistance, how deceit and misinformation played a vital role in preparing for the D-Day Landings, the challenge of the mission itself and the specialist armoured vehicles that were used.
The D-Day Landings Tour starts at 11am in the entrance of AirSpace and runs for 90 minutes.
The tour is suitable for all ages but is primarily aimed at adults. Places must be booked in advance and can be booked online at iwm.org.uk
You may also want to watch:
Ticket prices (including admission to all IWM Duxford exhibitions): Adult (16-59 years) £20.75; Child (under 16 years) £3.25; Senior (60 years and over) and Student £16.60
Another upcoming event not to be missed is the The D-Day Anniversary Air Show on May 24-25, which will feature fighter, bomber and transport aircraft types that would have been seen over the beaches of France, together with thrilling ground content.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
Tickets are Adult (16 or over) £24.75, Child (5 to 15 years) £16.30, Disabled £16.30.
A Military Vehicle Show will be held on June 15, where you will get to explore military vehicles large and small, from motorcycles to jeeps, ambulances to huge trucks and tanks.
Tickets are Adult (16 to 59 years) £18.50; Senior (60 years and over) £14.80; Child (under 16 years) Free.
For more information about these events and what else is being put on at IWM Duxford over the coming months, go to iwm.org.uk