RAF Typhoon, Spitfires and Lancaster bomber at IWM Duxford's best of 2021 flying days event
- Credit: Gerry Weatherhead
Spitfires, a World War Two Lancaster bomber and today's RAF Typhoon jet fighter all took to the skies for IWM Duxford's final flying days event of the year.
Handpicked by Duxford's flying display director and the Duxford Air Shows team, Saturday's sold-out Flying Days: Best of 2021 ended the year on a high.
Spectators were able to see iconic Supermarine Spitfires in action over Duxford, in a flying display lasting more than three hours in total.
With the weather staying fine, visitors also witnessed the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight's Avro Lancaster and two Spitfires flying together.
American aircraft flying included a P-51 Mustang, a P-47 Thunderbolt, and the North American Harvard Mk.IV, nicknamed 'Wacky Wabbit'.
While there were a number of World War Two aircraft on display during the afternoon, bringing proceedings right up to date, ticket holders saw the awesome RAF Typhoon in action.
The RAF Falcons military parachute display team also dropped into Duxford from the skies above the Cambridgeshire site.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery