James Blunt to play Newmarket Nights
- Credit: Archant
Singer-songwriter James Blunt is returning to Newmarket for a night of entertainment in June.
His appearance will be the second concert of the 2014 season and follows the bookings of Tom Jones and Wet Wet Wet.
The star, who spent a lot of his childhood in East Anglia and whose uncle worked for The Jockey Club, rose to prominence nine years ago with the release of his debut studio album Back to Bedlam before achieving worldwide fame with the singles You’re Beautiful and Goodbye My Lover.
His second album All the Lost Souls topped the charts in more than 20 countries.
To date the artist has sold nearly 17 million albums and 20 million singles worldwide.
You may also want to watch:
He last appeared at Newmarket in July 2011 when he played to a packed crowd.
The former army officer is on his way back to the open-air concert setting of one of the most picturesque racecourses in the world, with demand for tickets set to be strong once again.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 5 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 6 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home
- 10 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
Amy Starkey, Regional Director East of Jockey Club Racecourses, said:“James Blunt was hugely popular with our visitors when he played at Adnams Newmarket Nights in 2011 and we are delighted that he is returning to The July Course on Friday 27th June.
“With his strong connections to East Anglia, we’re anticipating a surge of interest in his concert, so racing and music fans alike are recommended to book their places as soon as they can.”
As well as James Blunt in June, Tom Jones will perform on August 1 while Wet Wet Wet will bring down the curtain on the seven-night concert series on Friday August 15.
The remaining four bands and artists for the remaining summer dates on The July Course, which begin on Friday June 20, will be revealed in coming weeks.
Tickets for James Blunt’s concert are on sale at Newmarket Racecourses, online at www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk or by telephone on 0844 579 3010.
They cost £38 (Premier Enclosure), £33 (Grandstand & Paddock) and £24 (Family Enclosure).
Tickets for children aged 5-17 are priced for the three enclosures at £18, £17 and £12 respectively.
Children’s tickets are limited and must be purchased in conjunction with adult tickets. Once the reduced price child ticket allocation has been reached, adult prices apply.
All under 16s must be accompanied by an adult. Parking is free.