Jayne is opening new sewing school in Fenland for would-be dressmakers and designers
- Credit: Archant
Stitch Studio, a new sewing school in Wisbech St Mary, offering courses and workshops for adults and young people opens its doors this week.
Jayne Walpole, has over 30 years’ experience in fashion and clothing, after graduating with a degree in fashion.
Jayne worked as a designer for companies such as Wallis and Ladybird children’s wear, and then worked as a fashion lecturer, course leader and creative arts faculty manager.
Jayne has now set up her own studio, to share her wealth of professional knowledge and expertise, offering a range of day, evening and workshops in dressmaking, pattern cutting and textiles.
She said: “Classes are small, informal and very affordable, offering plenty of one-to-one support to help learners build sewing skills and confidence.
You may also want to watch:
“I am really looking forward to opening my new studio and offering a wide range of courses and one day workshops. From absolute beginners to experienced dressmakers, courses include learn to sew, beginners and improvers dressmaking, introduction to pattern cutting and Saturday workshops, including creative applique cushion and advanced boned bodice.”
“I am also running after school young designers fashion school for eight to 11-year-olds on Mondays and 11-16-year-olds on Wednesdays, for young people who love to be individual, want to learn to sew and create their own clothes.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 6 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
“It’s a chance to try something new in 2016 and join learning with like-minded people, be creative and learn to make something original.”
Alongside running the sewing school, Jayne still continues to work freelance as a designer and maker creating bespoke christening and wedding gowns.
Jayne is holding an open studio on Friday (January 8) 2pm to 8pm and tomorrow 10am to 4pm. Drop in and find out more about the courses and workshops at Stitch Studio, Tulsa House, Station Road, Wisbech St Mary, Or contact Jayne on 07584 341160, email Jayne@stitchstudio.co.uk. Or visit the website www.stitchstudio.co.uk for details about the courses.