Jayne is opening new sewing school in Fenland for would-be dressmakers and designers
- Credit: Archant
Stitch Studio, a new sewing school in Wisbech St Mary, offering courses and workshops for adults and young people opens its doors this week.
Jayne Walpole, has over 30 years’ experience in fashion and clothing, after graduating with a degree in fashion.
Jayne worked as a designer for companies such as Wallis and Ladybird children’s wear, and then worked as a fashion lecturer, course leader and creative arts faculty manager.
Jayne has now set up her own studio, to share her wealth of professional knowledge and expertise, offering a range of day, evening and workshops in dressmaking, pattern cutting and textiles.
She said: “Classes are small, informal and very affordable, offering plenty of one-to-one support to help learners build sewing skills and confidence.
You may also want to watch:
“I am really looking forward to opening my new studio and offering a wide range of courses and one day workshops. From absolute beginners to experienced dressmakers, courses include learn to sew, beginners and improvers dressmaking, introduction to pattern cutting and Saturday workshops, including creative applique cushion and advanced boned bodice.”
“I am also running after school young designers fashion school for eight to 11-year-olds on Mondays and 11-16-year-olds on Wednesdays, for young people who love to be individual, want to learn to sew and create their own clothes.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 7 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 8 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
“It’s a chance to try something new in 2016 and join learning with like-minded people, be creative and learn to make something original.”
Alongside running the sewing school, Jayne still continues to work freelance as a designer and maker creating bespoke christening and wedding gowns.
Jayne is holding an open studio on Friday (January 8) 2pm to 8pm and tomorrow 10am to 4pm. Drop in and find out more about the courses and workshops at Stitch Studio, Tulsa House, Station Road, Wisbech St Mary, Or contact Jayne on 07584 341160, email Jayne@stitchstudio.co.uk. Or visit the website www.stitchstudio.co.uk for details about the courses.