Jean-Christophe Novelli the headline chef at first Elton Hall Food & Drink Festival
- Credit: Archant
Multi award-winning Jean-Christophe Novelli will be the headline celebrity chef appearing at a new three-day food and drink festival this summer.
The French chef will also stage three demonstrations at the Elton Hall Food & Drink Festival, organised by Cambridgeshire based Market Square Group, which starts on June 6.
Mr Novelli, the AA Chef’s Chef of the Year, said: “I’m delighted to be invited to play my part in the festival, which promises to be a fantastic family event.
“As well as my cooking demonstrations, where I will create three delicious dishes featuring high-quality locally-sourced produce, I am really looking forward to meeting the local food & drink producers.”
Mr Novelli will be at the show on June 8, cooking one of his classic dishes at 11am, a Mediterranean meal at 1pm and culinary creation using locally-sourced produce at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
He will also judge a home-made summer fruit dessert competition from 4.30pm.
Other highlights at the festival include free children’s baking workshops, film screenings, talks and demonstrations and a beer festival.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 5 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 6 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home
- 10 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
A tasting arena will be open all three days of the festival where local producers will showcase their food and drink and offer samples.
Tickets start at £9 for adults and £5 for children and concessions. Children under five enter for free. To purchase, visit www.clickit-tickets.co.uk
There are additional charges for some entertainments and demonstrations.