Jeffrey Archer set to appear in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Best-selling author Jeffrey Archer is coming to Ely to talk about his new book Mightier than the Sword.
The former Conservative politician will be in Ely’s St Peter’s Church, in Broad Street, on Friday, April 24, at 7.30pm.
Since publishing his first novel, in 1976, Archer has produced more than 25 titles and sold more than 270 million copies around the world, in 97 countries and more than 37 languages.
A spokesman for Topping and Company said: “Mightier Than The Sword opens with an IRA bomb exploding, and continues at pace as Lord Archer tells his story with his usual wit and verve.
“All his trademark twists and turns are employed as the story of the Clifton and Barrington families continues in this, the author’s most accomplished novel to date.
“We are delighted to welcome Lord Archer to Ely to celebrate the publication of the latest instalment of the Clifton Chronicles. Join us for a riveting evening with one of our country’s foremost raconteurs.”
Tickets for the event, priced at £6, are available from the shop, in High Street, Ely, or by calling 01353 645005.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 6 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 7 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday