Jeffrey Archer set to appear in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Best-selling author Jeffrey Archer is coming to Ely to talk about his new book Mightier than the Sword.
The former Conservative politician will be in Ely’s St Peter’s Church, in Broad Street, on Friday, April 24, at 7.30pm.
Since publishing his first novel, in 1976, Archer has produced more than 25 titles and sold more than 270 million copies around the world, in 97 countries and more than 37 languages.
A spokesman for Topping and Company said: “Mightier Than The Sword opens with an IRA bomb exploding, and continues at pace as Lord Archer tells his story with his usual wit and verve.
“All his trademark twists and turns are employed as the story of the Clifton and Barrington families continues in this, the author’s most accomplished novel to date.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to welcome Lord Archer to Ely to celebrate the publication of the latest instalment of the Clifton Chronicles. Join us for a riveting evening with one of our country’s foremost raconteurs.”
Tickets for the event, priced at £6, are available from the shop, in High Street, Ely, or by calling 01353 645005.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road