Anglian Players’ production of Jekyll and Hyde is coming to the March Community Centre next week
- Credit: ANGLIAN PLAYERS
The Anglian Players are celebrating nearly 70 years of entertainment and to mark the occasion they are bringing Jekyll and Hyde to town.
The local theatre company will launch their take on the Leonard H Caddy adaptation of the Robert Louis Stephenson book on Thursday, May 23.
Taking place at the March Community Centre, the show will run until Saturday, May 25 at the Station Road venue - shows start at 7.30pm.
A group spokesman said: "In this retelling of the classic novel, Dr Jekyll is introduced as he is on the brink of discovering the key to mans inner reality.
"He experiments on himself and finds out that his potions actually work, unfortunately his 'real' self turns out to be the monster Edward Hyde.
You may also want to watch:
"Jekyll continues his researches spending more and more time as Hyde until the inevitable conclusion."
Directors, Alan Hooks and Emma Cracknell, say they are "delighted with the way rehearsals have been going" as many new faces join some of the regulars onstage.
Tickets are £9 (£8 concessions) and can be purchased at The Pet Shop in March, The Green Welly Garden Centre in Chatteris, online at www.ticketsource.co.uk or on the door.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’