Jesus Christ Superstar comes to Peterborough’s Broadway Theatre next week
- Credit: Archant
Jesus Christ Superstar is coming to the Broadway Theatre in Peterborough next week and X Factor star Rachel Adedeji will play Mary Magdalene.
The world’s oldest story mixed with the world’s greatest rock musical will run for five nights next week.
The explosive new production of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s ground-breaking rock opera stars Glenn Carter as Jesus and Tim Rogers as Judas Iscariot.
Award-winners Bob Tomson and Bill Kenwright reunite to direct, following the success of Blood Brothers, a show they have directed for almost 30 years.
Jesus Christ Superstar, which exploded onto the musical scene in 1971 and has since stunned audiences worldwide, features massive musical numbers including I Don’t Know How to Love Him, Everything’s Alright, Gethsemane and Superstar.
It runs from Tuesday 17 to Saturday 21 November for a range of 3pm and 7.45pm performances.
For tickets, which range from £22.50 to £55, call the box office on 01733 822225 or visit www.thebroadwaypeterborough.co.uk
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?