Jesus Christ Superstar comes to Peterborough’s Broadway Theatre next week
- Credit: Archant
Jesus Christ Superstar is coming to the Broadway Theatre in Peterborough next week and X Factor star Rachel Adedeji will play Mary Magdalene.
The world’s oldest story mixed with the world’s greatest rock musical will run for five nights next week.
The explosive new production of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s ground-breaking rock opera stars Glenn Carter as Jesus and Tim Rogers as Judas Iscariot.
Award-winners Bob Tomson and Bill Kenwright reunite to direct, following the success of Blood Brothers, a show they have directed for almost 30 years.
Jesus Christ Superstar, which exploded onto the musical scene in 1971 and has since stunned audiences worldwide, features massive musical numbers including I Don’t Know How to Love Him, Everything’s Alright, Gethsemane and Superstar.
You may also want to watch:
It runs from Tuesday 17 to Saturday 21 November for a range of 3pm and 7.45pm performances.
For tickets, which range from £22.50 to £55, call the box office on 01733 822225 or visit www.thebroadwaypeterborough.co.uk
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list