Jesus Christ Superstar comes to Peterborough’s Broadway Theatre next week
- Credit: Archant
Jesus Christ Superstar is coming to the Broadway Theatre in Peterborough next week and X Factor star Rachel Adedeji will play Mary Magdalene.
The world’s oldest story mixed with the world’s greatest rock musical will run for five nights next week.
The explosive new production of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s ground-breaking rock opera stars Glenn Carter as Jesus and Tim Rogers as Judas Iscariot.
Award-winners Bob Tomson and Bill Kenwright reunite to direct, following the success of Blood Brothers, a show they have directed for almost 30 years.
Jesus Christ Superstar, which exploded onto the musical scene in 1971 and has since stunned audiences worldwide, features massive musical numbers including I Don’t Know How to Love Him, Everything’s Alright, Gethsemane and Superstar.
You may also want to watch:
It runs from Tuesday 17 to Saturday 21 November for a range of 3pm and 7.45pm performances.
For tickets, which range from £22.50 to £55, call the box office on 01733 822225 or visit www.thebroadwaypeterborough.co.uk
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 5 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch