Jesus Christ Superstar comes to Peterborough’s Broadway Theatre next week
- Credit: Archant
Jesus Christ Superstar is coming to the Broadway Theatre in Peterborough next week and X Factor star Rachel Adedeji will play Mary Magdalene.
The world’s oldest story mixed with the world’s greatest rock musical will run for five nights next week.
The explosive new production of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s ground-breaking rock opera stars Glenn Carter as Jesus and Tim Rogers as Judas Iscariot.
Award-winners Bob Tomson and Bill Kenwright reunite to direct, following the success of Blood Brothers, a show they have directed for almost 30 years.
Jesus Christ Superstar, which exploded onto the musical scene in 1971 and has since stunned audiences worldwide, features massive musical numbers including I Don’t Know How to Love Him, Everything’s Alright, Gethsemane and Superstar.
You may also want to watch:
It runs from Tuesday 17 to Saturday 21 November for a range of 3pm and 7.45pm performances.
For tickets, which range from £22.50 to £55, call the box office on 01733 822225 or visit www.thebroadwaypeterborough.co.uk
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 7 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze