John Newton - Amazing Grace coming to Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
A powerful show about a man’s transformation from slave ship captain to church leader, which has enchanted audiences at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, is coming to Cambridge.
Saltmine’s John Newton – Amazing Grace continues its Autumn 2014 tour at Mumford Theatre, Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge on Friday, September 19 at 7.30pm.
Press ganged into the navy at 19, torn from the girl he loves, he is a man beyond hope.
John Newton is drawn into the harsh world of the 18th Century slave trade. Then one stormy night everything changes.
Featuring live singing, this moving production celebrates the power of grace to transform a life.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets: £10, Concessions £8. Buy 10 tickets, get the 11th free.
To book, call 0845 196 2320 or get them online at www.anglia.ac.uk/mumfordtheatre
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 Body found in Wisbech road
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens