John Newton - Amazing Grace coming to Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
A powerful show about a man’s transformation from slave ship captain to church leader, which has enchanted audiences at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, is coming to Cambridge.
Saltmine’s John Newton – Amazing Grace continues its Autumn 2014 tour at Mumford Theatre, Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge on Friday, September 19 at 7.30pm.
Press ganged into the navy at 19, torn from the girl he loves, he is a man beyond hope.
John Newton is drawn into the harsh world of the 18th Century slave trade. Then one stormy night everything changes.
Featuring live singing, this moving production celebrates the power of grace to transform a life.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets: £10, Concessions £8. Buy 10 tickets, get the 11th free.
To book, call 0845 196 2320 or get them online at www.anglia.ac.uk/mumfordtheatre
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 8 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 Woman named amongst UK’s most inspirational female entrepreneurs