Katherine Jenkins OBE and Suede coming to Thetford Forest for Forest Live concerts
- Credit: Archant
Classical superstar Katherine Jenkins and Britpop pioneers Suede will perform at Thetford Forest this summer as part of the Forestry Commission’s Forest Live concerts.
Jenkins, regarded as the world’s most prolific classical crossover artist, will perform with the National Symphony Orchestra on July 12.
She has released nine studio albums and received numerous awards for her recordings.
She received an OBE in the 2014 New Year Honours for services to music and charity, in particular, her work with the armed forces.
The concert will include a selection of Jenkins’ favourite works as well as classic proms repertoire.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £39.60 (including booking fee).
Suede bounded on to the music scene in 1993 with their debut album Suede that sold more than 100,000 copies in its first week of release, kick-starting the Britpop revolution.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
Success continued throughout the 1990s with further No.1 albums and top 10 singles, before an indefinite hiatus in 2003.
After re-forming for some well-received live shows in 2010-11, Suede recorded their sixth studio album Bloodsports, which was released last year.
Suede are at Thetford Forest on June 13.
Tickets are £42.35 (including booking fee).
To purchase tickets, contact the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400 or visit www.forestry.gov.uk/music