King’s Lynn Festival Chorus to perform classic works and Beatles songs at concert
AN evening of English splendour will be guaranteed when the King’s Lynn Festival Chorus dips into its vast canon of music for a Spring Concert.
The group’s music director Tom Appleton will lead the performance at St Nicholas’ Chapel in King’s Lynn on Saturday May 14.
The concert celebrates some of the huge variety of music which has been written since the reign of Queen Elizabeth. The works of Tallis, Byrd, Purcell, Britten, Walton and Vaughan Williams have all contributed greatly to the English Choral scene and this programme will feature many of their finest pieces.
To balance the concert the Chorus will perform Vaughan Williams’ Three Shakespeare Songs and a light-hearted selection of swingle arrangements of well-known Beatles songs.
Alexandra Saunders (soprano) in her final year at the Birmingham Conservatoire, will be joined by John Bryon (assistant music director) on piano for a selection of pieces.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the concert - which starts at 6.30pm - are on sale at the Box Office at the Corn Exchange in King’s Lynn. Call: 01553 764864 or visit www.klfc.org.uk to pre-book tickets. Entry, �15, (�13 concessions) and �10 are available on the door. For further information contact Fiona Ross by e-mail at email@example.com
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 8 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain