King’s Lynn Festival Chorus to perform classic works and Beatles songs at concert
AN evening of English splendour will be guaranteed when the King’s Lynn Festival Chorus dips into its vast canon of music for a Spring Concert.
The group’s music director Tom Appleton will lead the performance at St Nicholas’ Chapel in King’s Lynn on Saturday May 14.
The concert celebrates some of the huge variety of music which has been written since the reign of Queen Elizabeth. The works of Tallis, Byrd, Purcell, Britten, Walton and Vaughan Williams have all contributed greatly to the English Choral scene and this programme will feature many of their finest pieces.
To balance the concert the Chorus will perform Vaughan Williams’ Three Shakespeare Songs and a light-hearted selection of swingle arrangements of well-known Beatles songs.
Alexandra Saunders (soprano) in her final year at the Birmingham Conservatoire, will be joined by John Bryon (assistant music director) on piano for a selection of pieces.
Tickets for the concert - which starts at 6.30pm - are on sale at the Box Office at the Corn Exchange in King’s Lynn. Call: 01553 764864 or visit www.klfc.org.uk to pre-book tickets. Entry, �15, (�13 concessions) and �10 are available on the door. For further information contact Fiona Ross by e-mail at email@example.com
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 6 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 9 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 10 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge