King’s Lynn Festival Chorus to perform classic works and Beatles songs at concert
AN evening of English splendour will be guaranteed when the King’s Lynn Festival Chorus dips into its vast canon of music for a Spring Concert.
The group’s music director Tom Appleton will lead the performance at St Nicholas’ Chapel in King’s Lynn on Saturday May 14.
The concert celebrates some of the huge variety of music which has been written since the reign of Queen Elizabeth. The works of Tallis, Byrd, Purcell, Britten, Walton and Vaughan Williams have all contributed greatly to the English Choral scene and this programme will feature many of their finest pieces.
To balance the concert the Chorus will perform Vaughan Williams’ Three Shakespeare Songs and a light-hearted selection of swingle arrangements of well-known Beatles songs.
Alexandra Saunders (soprano) in her final year at the Birmingham Conservatoire, will be joined by John Bryon (assistant music director) on piano for a selection of pieces.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the concert - which starts at 6.30pm - are on sale at the Box Office at the Corn Exchange in King’s Lynn. Call: 01553 764864 or visit www.klfc.org.uk to pre-book tickets. Entry, �15, (�13 concessions) and �10 are available on the door. For further information contact Fiona Ross by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 10 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'