Learn to rap and beatbox in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Rappers and beat boxers of the future are invited to workshops taking place in Wisbech next month.
The Oasis Community Centre is opening its doors to two established rappers who will be giving free workshops to aspiring artists.
They will also be giving a showcase of their skills.
The event is on Saturday April 5 with two free workshops where you can learn all about beat boxing and rap with professional performers Xidus Pain and Skilly Skillz.
The workshops are for ages 11 – 19 at 2.30pm, 4pm or 4.30 – 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
To reserve a free place at the workshops or if you would like to perform at the Slam please contact Nathan.email@example.com.
From 7 – 8pm the community centre will host The Oasis Slam. The event will be a stunning showcase of Rap, Beat box and Dance open to all ages. Entrance is just £3.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
The event and workshops are part of Phonic, a project funded by Youth Music and coordinated by The Garage in Norwich.
The Wisbech activities are being delivered in partnership with Beat This and ADeC.
Nathan Jones at ADeC said: “Those who come to the workshops will get an amazing opportunity to watch demonstrations, pick up top tips and get involved. “Skills and Xidus are well known across the country and it is fantastic that they are coming to Wisbech.”
The Phonic project has also involved a series of sessions at the Thomas Clarkson Academy where students have learnt about rap, beat boxing, lyric writing and event management.
For more information contact Nathan on 01353 611591.