Less fuss on the bus when thousands come to Wisbech for the Rose Fair
- Credit: Archant
Avoid the fuss and take the bus for this year’s Rose Fair in Wisbech.
Ample parking is at Tesco on Cromwell Road for visitors to take the Norfolk Green 66 circular or X1 bus into town.
The park and ride bus will not be at Morrisons this year.
A spokesmen for the event said: “St Peter and St Paul’s Church is now in its final preparations for this year’s event, the flowers are ordered, the flower arrangers are waiting to start the mammoth task of turning exotic and locally grown flowers into yet another stunning sight.
“The meals for the Rose Café and refreshments in the church hall are planned, food ordered, the outside stalls are all but sold out for the four days. “You can imagine all the hard work that goes into this and they are all volunteers, giving their time and effort willingly.
“Last year’s Rose Fair was very successful, thousands of visitors from far and near, came, saw and were exceedingly impressed by the beautiful flower arrangements in St Peters Church.
“Every year the arrangers outperform to make all involved proud to be part of this wonderful event and of our Parish Church.”
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 8 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 9 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
The event takes place from Wednesday July 1 to Saturday July 4.
The catering committee in the church hall and the attached marquee will have food to suit all requirements, self-service light refreshments in the hall and in the marquee you can enjoy morning coffee, set lunches and afternoon tea all with waitress service.
“The Church Rose Fair committee would like to thank everyone who supported this event last year and invite you and your friends/families to join us again this year,” the spokesman said.
This year the park and ride for Rose Fair will not be at Morrisons.