Less fuss on the bus when thousands come to Wisbech for the Rose Fair
- Credit: Archant
Avoid the fuss and take the bus for this year’s Rose Fair in Wisbech.
Ample parking is at Tesco on Cromwell Road for visitors to take the Norfolk Green 66 circular or X1 bus into town.
The park and ride bus will not be at Morrisons this year.
A spokesmen for the event said: “St Peter and St Paul’s Church is now in its final preparations for this year’s event, the flowers are ordered, the flower arrangers are waiting to start the mammoth task of turning exotic and locally grown flowers into yet another stunning sight.
“The meals for the Rose Café and refreshments in the church hall are planned, food ordered, the outside stalls are all but sold out for the four days. “You can imagine all the hard work that goes into this and they are all volunteers, giving their time and effort willingly.
You may also want to watch:
“Last year’s Rose Fair was very successful, thousands of visitors from far and near, came, saw and were exceedingly impressed by the beautiful flower arrangements in St Peters Church.
“Every year the arrangers outperform to make all involved proud to be part of this wonderful event and of our Parish Church.”
- 1 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 2 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 BBC’s Johnny Dee all smiles at surprise market place birthday bash
- 5 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 6 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 7 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
The event takes place from Wednesday July 1 to Saturday July 4.
The catering committee in the church hall and the attached marquee will have food to suit all requirements, self-service light refreshments in the hall and in the marquee you can enjoy morning coffee, set lunches and afternoon tea all with waitress service.
“The Church Rose Fair committee would like to thank everyone who supported this event last year and invite you and your friends/families to join us again this year,” the spokesman said.
This year the park and ride for Rose Fair will not be at Morrisons.