Listen to tales of and from the landscape at Gault Wood, March, with Fables, Tales and Folklore
- Credit: Archant
Tales of and from the landscape is the theme of an evening storytelling event that takes place next week at Gault Wood, near March.
The latest quarterly meeting of Fables, Tales and Folklore takes place next Thursday. Entry is free.
Maureen James, co-ordinator of the group, said: “We have been holding a summer meeting in a local wood for some years now and it has proved very popular.
“Some of us will get there at about 6pm for a picnic and a walk round the wood, others will arrive for the main storytelling event from 7.30-9pm.
“It is an open meeting so anyone is welcome to come along and tell (rather than read) or listen to a story.
“Please note that there are no facilities, so we ask that people bring their own chairs, blankets or cushions and wear appropriate clothing and footwear, for an English summer evening in a wood.”
Gault Wood, which is off Grange Road, close to the A141 Isle of Ely Way (postcode PE15 0YH) is owned and managed by the Woodland Trust with the help of the March Wildlife Group.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
For further details about the event, contact Maureen James on 01354 650586 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org