Listen to tales of and from the landscape at Gault Wood, March, with Fables, Tales and Folklore
- Credit: Archant
Tales of and from the landscape is the theme of an evening storytelling event that takes place next week at Gault Wood, near March.
The latest quarterly meeting of Fables, Tales and Folklore takes place next Thursday. Entry is free.
Maureen James, co-ordinator of the group, said: “We have been holding a summer meeting in a local wood for some years now and it has proved very popular.
“Some of us will get there at about 6pm for a picnic and a walk round the wood, others will arrive for the main storytelling event from 7.30-9pm.
“It is an open meeting so anyone is welcome to come along and tell (rather than read) or listen to a story.
You may also want to watch:
“Please note that there are no facilities, so we ask that people bring their own chairs, blankets or cushions and wear appropriate clothing and footwear, for an English summer evening in a wood.”
Gault Wood, which is off Grange Road, close to the A141 Isle of Ely Way (postcode PE15 0YH) is owned and managed by the Woodland Trust with the help of the March Wildlife Group.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 8 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Residents make most of lockdown easing as Christmas comes early
For further details about the event, contact Maureen James on 01354 650586 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org