Live bands and karaoke competition at Fenland studio - and it’s all FREE!
FOUR live bands and a karaoke competition will form part of a Fenland recording studio’s free open day tomorrow.
Cherry Tree Farm, Christchurch, was created in a converted barn 18 months ago by Jared Wild - and he is opening the doors tomorrow from noon-6pm.
Bands The New Leaves, from Peterborough; Dead Saints, from Christchurch/Downham Market; Nobody’s Fool, from Manchester; and Silent Jack, from Birmingham, will all perform.
The karaoke competition is free to enter - all you have to do is turn up, put your name down on a list and choose a song to sing. A panel of judges will choose the winner, who will get to record several tracks onto a CD.
Dynamite Karaoke of Wisbech, which is providing the equipment for the competition, will also DJ in-between the contest and the bands’ performances.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wild will offer guided tours of the studio and a question and answer session with visitors. Refreshments will be available.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list