Live bands and karaoke competition at Fenland studio - and it’s all FREE!
FOUR live bands and a karaoke competition will form part of a Fenland recording studio’s free open day tomorrow.
Cherry Tree Farm, Christchurch, was created in a converted barn 18 months ago by Jared Wild - and he is opening the doors tomorrow from noon-6pm.
Bands The New Leaves, from Peterborough; Dead Saints, from Christchurch/Downham Market; Nobody’s Fool, from Manchester; and Silent Jack, from Birmingham, will all perform.
The karaoke competition is free to enter - all you have to do is turn up, put your name down on a list and choose a song to sing. A panel of judges will choose the winner, who will get to record several tracks onto a CD.
Dynamite Karaoke of Wisbech, which is providing the equipment for the competition, will also DJ in-between the contest and the bands’ performances.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wild will offer guided tours of the studio and a question and answer session with visitors. Refreshments will be available.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail