Locally famous Ouse Valley Singles Club return to Fens for a ‘night March has never seen anything quite like before!’
- Credit: Archant
The Ouse Valley Singles Club will return to Fenland tomorrow (Friday, August 21) to put on a free show.
The three-piece, who are locally famous for their track Girl from the Fens - which has had nearly 30,000 views on YouTube, are to perform at Georges in March from 9pm.
The tongue-in-cheek track, which jokingly refers to webbed feet in its lyrics, has become an overnight hit for the band who have performed up and down the country.
They have also supported musical acts including Chas & Dave, Pete Docherty and opened for Bob Geldof and The Boomtown Rats.
On the night, the band will be performing Girl from the Fens as well as a number of others, accompanied by music from a banjo and a washboard.
You may also want to watch:
Doors 9pm, free entry.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail