Locally famous Ouse Valley Singles Club return to Fens for a ‘night March has never seen anything quite like before!’
- Credit: Archant
The Ouse Valley Singles Club will return to Fenland tomorrow (Friday, August 21) to put on a free show.
The three-piece, who are locally famous for their track Girl from the Fens - which has had nearly 30,000 views on YouTube, are to perform at Georges in March from 9pm.
The tongue-in-cheek track, which jokingly refers to webbed feet in its lyrics, has become an overnight hit for the band who have performed up and down the country.
They have also supported musical acts including Chas & Dave, Pete Docherty and opened for Bob Geldof and The Boomtown Rats.
On the night, the band will be performing Girl from the Fens as well as a number of others, accompanied by music from a banjo and a washboard.
You may also want to watch:
Doors 9pm, free entry.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 10 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home