Locally famous Ouse Valley Singles Club return to Fens for a ‘night March has never seen anything quite like before!’
- Credit: Archant
The Ouse Valley Singles Club will return to Fenland tomorrow (Friday, August 21) to put on a free show.
The three-piece, who are locally famous for their track Girl from the Fens - which has had nearly 30,000 views on YouTube, are to perform at Georges in March from 9pm.
The tongue-in-cheek track, which jokingly refers to webbed feet in its lyrics, has become an overnight hit for the band who have performed up and down the country.
They have also supported musical acts including Chas & Dave, Pete Docherty and opened for Bob Geldof and The Boomtown Rats.
On the night, the band will be performing Girl from the Fens as well as a number of others, accompanied by music from a banjo and a washboard.
You may also want to watch:
Doors 9pm, free entry.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community