Looking for actors for Les Miserables at The Angles in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Auditions are being held for an epic musical that is celebrating its 30th anniversary.
Global stage sensation Les Miserables is coming to Wisbech in April and this month talent spotters will be out to cast people for roles.
The musical has been seen by more than 70 million people in over 40 countries and been performed in more than 20 different languages.
The show features songs like I Dreamed a Dream, Bring Him Home and On My Own.
Ten years ago the Angles Theatre produced the School Edition, which is the only version released for amateurs, with great success and acclaim.
During April 2016 the Angles will be doing it again.
As a build up to the production there are workshops to encourage, challenge and help develop the best singers and actors in the area to audition for the many roles required for the show.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 6 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 10 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
Anyone from the ages of nine and 19 years and in full time education may come along to the audition workshops on Tuesday November 24 from 7pm to 9.30pm, Thursday November 26 from 7pm to 9.30pm and Saturday November 28 from 10am to 1.30pm at the Angles Theatre, Wisbech.
There are 12 major roles to cast and 30 plus minor roles as well supporting actors and singers.