Luxe Cinema in Wisbech to host this year’s British Independent Film Festival
- Credit: Archant
THE Luxe Cinema in Wisbech is a new venue for this year’s British Independent Film Festival to be screen nationwide next month.
The festival - run by the Film Festival Guild - began in 2006, and provides a show case for short films, movies, animations, and music video,s and aims to promote and support independent film making.
Festival manager Gabby Hermon said: “This year, our festival will go out to eleven locations across the UK, including The Luxe Cinema in Wisbech on May 10 and 11.
“Making an independent film is a huge feat and one that we take great pride in celebrating. The ardent and resourceful spirit behind quality independent film making is something that the Film Festival Guild is dedicated to bringing to a wider cinema audience. Why should fantastic and interesting festivals be for the pleasure of a London audience only?
“We have a range of short and feature films screening for the first time in this country. Festival goers will be able to see these films months before they hit the cinemas.”
You may also want to watch:
Other venues for the 2013 festival include The Princess Theatre in Hunstanton, The Empire Cinema in London’s Leicester Square, and The Electric Palace Cinema in Harwich.
Among the feature films on show at The Luxe will be “Saving the Titanic”, directed by Maurice Sweeney, “Dead Cat” directed by Stefan Georgiou, and “Sanctuary” directed by Norah McGettigan.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
Short films will include the 23-minute “Amore Passageiros”, directed by Augusto Canani and a seven-minute film directed by Samuel Bailey, called “The Horsemen”.
Tickets will soon be available soon through both the Film Festival Guild website and The Luxe Cinema website.
More information, tickets and a full list of entries are available at http:// www.the?lmfestivalguild.com/#!biff2013/c1upp