Luxe Cinema in Wisbech to host this year’s British Independent Film Festival
- Credit: Archant
THE Luxe Cinema in Wisbech is a new venue for this year’s British Independent Film Festival to be screen nationwide next month.
The festival - run by the Film Festival Guild - began in 2006, and provides a show case for short films, movies, animations, and music video,s and aims to promote and support independent film making.
Festival manager Gabby Hermon said: “This year, our festival will go out to eleven locations across the UK, including The Luxe Cinema in Wisbech on May 10 and 11.
“Making an independent film is a huge feat and one that we take great pride in celebrating. The ardent and resourceful spirit behind quality independent film making is something that the Film Festival Guild is dedicated to bringing to a wider cinema audience. Why should fantastic and interesting festivals be for the pleasure of a London audience only?
“We have a range of short and feature films screening for the first time in this country. Festival goers will be able to see these films months before they hit the cinemas.”
You may also want to watch:
Other venues for the 2013 festival include The Princess Theatre in Hunstanton, The Empire Cinema in London’s Leicester Square, and The Electric Palace Cinema in Harwich.
Among the feature films on show at The Luxe will be “Saving the Titanic”, directed by Maurice Sweeney, “Dead Cat” directed by Stefan Georgiou, and “Sanctuary” directed by Norah McGettigan.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
Short films will include the 23-minute “Amore Passageiros”, directed by Augusto Canani and a seven-minute film directed by Samuel Bailey, called “The Horsemen”.
Tickets will soon be available soon through both the Film Festival Guild website and The Luxe Cinema website.
More information, tickets and a full list of entries are available at http:// www.the?lmfestivalguild.com/#!biff2013/c1upp