Madness confirmed as latest act for Newmarket Nights summer concert series
- Credit: Archant
Madness are the latest act to sign up for this summer’s series of concerts at Newmarket Racecourse.
The Jockey Club Live presents ‘An Evening At The Races’ welcomes Madness back to Newmarket Nights June 26, as a part of the group’s Grandslam Madness tour.
Madness stormed onto the UK music scene in 1979, becoming one of the most prominent bands of the UK ska revival scene with hits including Baggy Trousers, It Must Be Love, Driving In My Car, Our House and the 1982 number one House of Fun.
Amy Starkey, regional director east of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “Madness are a national treasure and it is absolutely thrilling that we are welcoming the band back to the July Course for the third time in four years.
“The Nutty Boys are loved by all age groups and their Newmarket concerts were sell-outs in 2012 and 2013, so I’m certain that there will be a huge demand once again for their performance on June 26.
“It’s very much a case of book tickets as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.”
A spokesman for Madness said: “Come see, come see! The world’s strongest band perform incredible feats live!
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 5 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 6 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 9 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 10 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge
“Marvel as Madness lift an enormous set of polished pop songs high in the air, single handed! The UK’s biggest open air tour ever! Rolling into a town near you, soon.”
Madness joins this summer’s line-up of top musical acts, which include Kylie Minogue (June 19) and Kaiser Chiefs (July 31). Tickets for Kylie have already sold out.
Alongside concert performances, the action kicks off earlier in the evening with six races giving fans the chance to witness the spectacle of equine athletes racing for glory.
Whether you fancy a flutter or a dance with friends and family, the event is certain to be an odds on favourite for all with tickets starting at £26.
Tickets for Madness go on sale at 9am on Friday, February 20, at www.thejockeyclublive.co.uk
Tickets prices start at £26 adults, £13 under-18s. Hospitality packages are also available.