Make the most of a day out in Ely with a new visitors guide
- Credit: Archant
A new guide has been launched to encourage local day trippers and visitors to make the most out of a visit to Ely.
The Ely Shopping and Eating Guide highlights the restaurants, independent stores and activities people can experience in the city this spring and summer.
The guide is another initiative borne out of the Ely City Centre Forum which aims to promote the city as a visitor and shopping destination.
The guide will be published twice a year – updated to reflect the changing seasons, the wide variety of shops and the diverse events programme in Ely. Councillor Lis Every, Chairman of the Ely City Centre Forum, said: “The past few years has seen a number of new restaurants and cafes opening in Ely – turning the city into a great place to catch up over a coffee or linger longer over exquisite food or a birthday cocktail.
“We’ve also seen some wonderful specialist shops arrive which has invigorated our shopping experience. While people in Ely know of these delights – research shows that there are some people within a half an hour’s drive who may not be aware of how Ely is evolving.
You may also want to watch:
“So with the promise of warmer weather and longer evenings just around the corner, we thought it was a great time to publish our brand new Shopping and Eating Guide.
“Whenever I walk around our fine city I am constantly reminded of the great businesses we have serving the public. So why not take a peek at our guide and see where you could go this weekend.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 4 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 5 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 9 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 10 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
The Ely City Centre Forum is a body consisting of East Cambridgeshire District Council, the City of Ely Council, local traders, the Ely Perspective, Ely Cathedral, Ely Museum and businesses.
A copy can be downloaded at www.visitely.org.uk/events/shopping-ely.