Make the most of a day out in Ely with a new visitors guide
- Credit: Archant
A new guide has been launched to encourage local day trippers and visitors to make the most out of a visit to Ely.
The Ely Shopping and Eating Guide highlights the restaurants, independent stores and activities people can experience in the city this spring and summer.
The guide is another initiative borne out of the Ely City Centre Forum which aims to promote the city as a visitor and shopping destination.
The guide will be published twice a year – updated to reflect the changing seasons, the wide variety of shops and the diverse events programme in Ely. Councillor Lis Every, Chairman of the Ely City Centre Forum, said: “The past few years has seen a number of new restaurants and cafes opening in Ely – turning the city into a great place to catch up over a coffee or linger longer over exquisite food or a birthday cocktail.
“We’ve also seen some wonderful specialist shops arrive which has invigorated our shopping experience. While people in Ely know of these delights – research shows that there are some people within a half an hour’s drive who may not be aware of how Ely is evolving.
You may also want to watch:
“So with the promise of warmer weather and longer evenings just around the corner, we thought it was a great time to publish our brand new Shopping and Eating Guide.
“Whenever I walk around our fine city I am constantly reminded of the great businesses we have serving the public. So why not take a peek at our guide and see where you could go this weekend.”
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 5 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 6 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
The Ely City Centre Forum is a body consisting of East Cambridgeshire District Council, the City of Ely Council, local traders, the Ely Perspective, Ely Cathedral, Ely Museum and businesses.
A copy can be downloaded at www.visitely.org.uk/events/shopping-ely.