Manea Gala takes place on Saturday July 10
THE Manea Gala is being held on July 10 at the SM Guy Memorial Field in Park Road from 12.30pm.
One of the most highly regarded and anticipated Galas in Fenland, the event kicks off with the Gala parade of fantastic floats which starts from Manea Primary School at 12.30pm.
The Gala will be officially opened at 2.00pm by special guest BBC Radio Cambridge presenter Jane Smith, who will also be presenting prizes for the best floats and the annual art competition.
Fun in the arena will be provided by racing sheep, dancing sheep, the Soham Majorettes and Manea School Dancers. Elsewhere on the field there will be dog agility, fairground rides, Punch and Judy, balloon animals, archery, go carts, classic cars and motorbikes, a climbing wall, fantastic stalls and displays. All this and a flypast by an aircraft from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
The annual grand draw will be held, the main prizes include �100 cash and a romantic, all inclusive, trip to Le Touquet for two people. Raffle tickets are available now from selected outlets in the village and will, of course, be available on the day.
The Gala culminates in a grande finale which this year will be a family disco and barbecue at the Village Hall from 7.00pm. Tickets cost just �2.50.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward